13. From Nothing To Something

"What do you think is going on between Harry and Hermione?" Ron asked his girlfriend.

Ron and Luna were sitting on a table near the frozen pool. They had just finished eating, or more like Ron finished eating as Luna had finished her food long back. They were looking at the said couple on the ice who seem to enjoy their time with each other.

"Why? Do you think something's going on between them?" Luna asked Ron, while playing with his fingers.

"It certainly looks like that. Harry has not been this comfortable with other girls before. I mean he had more than just a couple of girlfriends in the past. With them, he was Harry Potter, one of the most popular boys in London, suave and charming Harry Potter. And with Hermione he is just Harry, the same way he is with me." Ron explained.

Luna thought for a moment and then a surprised look came over her face.

"You mean he is falling for you as well. I must say there's going to be a tough competition between you and Hermione." Luna said with a mischievous smile gracing her lips. Ron looked a little surprised when Luna said that Harry was falling for Hermione, but didn't say anything.

"Oh! You should tell Hermione to back off. I am sure she would listen to you. Please do it for me. Please. Please. Please."Ron replied almost begging to Luna.

Luna looked at Ron with wide eyes and started giggling at her boyfriend's antics, hitting him on the arm. "Ronald Weasley, don't you dare cheat on me with Harry." She managed to say between the fits of laughter.

Ron smiled at his girlfriend's laughing figure, leaning forward he kissed her lightly on her lips. "Don't worry Luna; he's not my type anyways."Ron said looking deeply in Luna's eyes, his own eyes dancing with amusement. They both stared into each other's eyes.

"I love you." Luna said without thinking. Ron blinked, amusement fading away from his eyes and a serious look took over his face.

"You love me?" Ron whispered in a dazed voice, unable to process what was happening.

Luna looked horrified at what she had blurted out.

"Just forget I said anything," She said laughing nervously, which faded away as Ron looked away from her with a thoughtful look in his eyes. Tears welled up in her eyes, but she quickly blinked them away.

"Ron, I am sorry." Luna said softly. Ron looked at her, but before he could say anything, Hermione interrupted him.

"What are you sorry for?" Hermione asked as she and Harry joined Ron and Luna at their table.

"Huh? Oh nothing," Luna said with a laugh, avoiding Hermione's eyes. She knew her friend would immediately see through her façade and that's what Hermione did when Luna looked up in her friend's eyes. However, she was grateful that Hermione didn't say or ask anything from her, at least not that moment.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked feeling the tension between Ron and Luna.

"Nothing," Ron replied with a forced smile, gesturing Harry and Hermione to sit.

Harry was going to open his mouth again to ask what was wrong. However, Ron immediately changed the line of conversation.

"So what's going on between you two?" Ron asked amusedly looking at Harry and Hermione.

"What do you mean by that?" Harry asked warily.

"Oh nothing, it's just that you two look so lovey-dovey with each other. So I thought...." Ron trailed off with a knowing look in his eyes.

"It's better if you don't think Ronald." Hermione said sarcastically.

She had a good idea what Ron was implying. However, she was not comfortable talking about it, even as a joke. She knew talking about these matters would complicate the things between her and Harry. She didn't want that, today at least. She was enjoying her time with Harry immensely, even if they were just pretending.