ⅩⅩⅡ

ⅩⅩⅡ

Laine's POV

Shit.

A week had already passed since the prom and I couldn't get my mind off the last events.

He kissed me and I of course kissed him back. His soft lips still lingering onto mine, the way they moved in sync.

But, is it weird that I've pictured that few times in mind before it actually happened? Fuck, I've swear to myself I won't be going like this for a boy…but he isn't just an ordinary boy. Worst, he's my bestfriend and that sucks, for me.

During the kiss, someone yelled at us making us broke and pant for air, telling me that I'm running for prom first princess. At first, I didn't believe Calum cause it's impossible but that broke when my eyes gazed at everyone looking at me.

The three idiots grinning from ear to ear, other smiling and others some smiling fakely at me. I didn't mind them and just walked up the stage while calling the other nominates.

After they called out the running for first prom princess and prince and for prom queen, it's now the turn for prom king, firstly to call out is Luke.

I gave him a thumbs up and a smile while he walks up, now I was wishing that I'm in run for prom queen not first princess but I just dismissed it, I wouldn't even win in this shit.

And I was true, I didn't win it but Luke did. I knew it, ha. The prom queen title was given by an eleventh grader who's really pretty.

While dancing, I always peeks an eye at him, directly at his eyes while he just looks either on our feet or somewhere but in my direction.

Sigh.

Why does he look so lonely? If it's my fault then I need to know what's bugging him, I'm his bestfriend anyways but still he wouldn't tell me.

His eyes isn't full of lust, isn't joyful like enjoying this night. It wasn't dull but lonely. He peeks sometime at me and mine meets his but quickly looks away. What's wrong?

Till now I'm still not so sure about that, but I'm looking up to a subject I just hope it's not that what I think…

Instead, I just cuddled more with my pillow. Pillow and bed yeah, my babies. They won't leave me whenever, they'll stay by my side and listen to whatever rant or problems I'm talking about without judging me. But I do not say I'm comparing them to Luke.

Luke's one of a kind that you must treasure.

Don't throw away people you care about and of course, the one who cares for you.

But how do I still care about my family if they just kept throwing me away?

"Mom?"

"What?!" She spats, turning around to face me, holding the call on her phone and bringing it down on the counter, placing one hand on side of her waist.

"Please..?" I practically begged, well, I'm already begging her now. I've done this many times before and I won't give up till she says yes although I know it'll be hard to get so.

"Get out of my sight."

"Mom, please!" I trail after her, probably going to the garden.

"Stop it Laine, will you? I won't be going to your graduation and that's final." She says and swats my hand away from her arms that's gripping onto them for the past minutes.