Trepidation

She screamed.  The searing heat spread across her shoulder and deep into her body as the talons tore open her pale skin.  Blood gushed out of the wound to her left shoulder and splattered on the smooth, cold marble floor.  She had to get away from the demon or find some way to kill it.  She had dropped her Seraph blade when the demon had cut her shoulder.  She quickly ran and hid behind the safety of a mountain of barrels and building supplies. 

You can use anything as a weapon

Why was that voice still in her head?  She couldn't quite place where she knew it from but it had been telling her what to do all through the battle with the demons. 

Concentrate

Ok.

She couldn't see because it was probably midnight by now.  There were two demons.  One was fighting her and one was guarding something that she couldn't see clearly.  She needed a weapon or something to help her to see where she was going to escape the demon.  Option one was the priority, but she couldn’t find her seraph blade in the darkness. 

Option 2

What could she use to help her find her way out though?  She could use whatever she used to see to find her weapon or a new weapon.  Only problem was that she didn’t know what to use to see with.  She was wasting time.  She needed to get her shoulder fixed and the demons killed.  She examined her shoulder.  The red blood had now darkened and thickened, setting on her black t shirt.  The blood was congealing in the wound and crusty flakes of dark red blood were forming around the edges of her t-shirt.  She tried moving her shoulder but couldn’t move it more than a few inches.  If she had her Seraph blade, she could have made a healing rune, but she didn’t have her blade with her did she.  She set her hands down by her side.  She felt a hard lump in the pocket of her pants.  She felt in her pocket and found a stone. 

Witchlight

She felt the surface of the Witchlight skim over her fingers.  She couldn’t let the light show for too long in case the demon could find her with it.  She became aware of the sound of scraping talons on the marble floor getting closer to her.  She had to make a move.  She quickly released the hand that was covering the Witchlight.  The stone let out a patch of light, enough for her to know where the door was going to let her escape from this room. 

Escape plan.