To Forget The Past: Epilogue- Six months later

"Come on, he has to be here," I said eagerly, rushing towards the doors, my family, Isaac, and Kane all behind me; Isaac, Kane, and I were the most excited.

Kane was currently in college, but came with my family for half of the Spring Break, which I was extremely glad 'causeI hadn't seen him for six months; and well, Isaac lived near here so I called him, inviting him. He already met my parents through FaceTime, and they immediately loved him.

"You could ask one of the volunteers here," my mum suggested behind me.

"No, the last one I spoke too was rude," I said childishly, but come on, I was right.

We walked into the adopt center, dozens of dogs barking and jumping up, all attention on us; the only people—who weren't volunteers—in the center at the time.

"Aww, German Shepherd" Isaac walked off to play with the puppies, along with the rest of my family, but I was only looking for one dog in particular.

"Babe, what are you exactly looking for?" Kane called out behind me, trying to keep in line with me.

  "A dog," I said, pointing out the obvious, and afterward I heard Kane sigh behind me.

  "MEMPHIS" I yelled—literally, yelled, which made one of the volunteers jump, but who cares, I found my dog.

  I ran up to a small kennel that held Memphis, a pure black Siberian Husky, whose head was laying on the cemented ground, his eyes sad.

"Aw," Kane spoke behind me, resting a hand on my shoulder.

I crouched down, my knees holding me up. "Hey, Memphis, boy," I said in a happy tone, which immediately got him to look up, his tail wagging.

"I'm gonna get someone," Kane said, putting his hand off my shoulder and walked off.

"You're so cute," I spoke in a baby voice, putting my fingers through the small holes in the gate, petting the top of his head, which had loads of small gray furs from age.

"You're coming home, bud," I said happily, sad at how even after seven months, he was still here, but happy he was about to be mine.

After a volunteer opened the gate, letting Memphis out, I picked him up, his body covering most of my upper body. "Damn, you're big"

"That's what she said." Isaac and Kane both said in unison, which led them to laugh.

"Shut up," I mumbled, though chuckled. I did walk into that one, I forgot I had to be careful with what I said in front of these two idiots.

I ignored them and kissed Memphis on the head a few times, talking to him as if he was a baby.

"Wow, he gets a kiss but not me?" Isaac joked, pouting.

"Dude, that's my girlfriend you're talking to..." Kane spoke, playfully glaring at him. "But, wow, don't even get me a kiss?" He said, pouting like Isaac did.

I laughed, "I'm done with you two,"

"Everest," my dad called out, turning around a cover, Mum and Lilly behind him; Lilly's eyes still lit with excitement from all the dogs.

"Is this the one you're wanting to get?" My Mum asked, walking up, putting her hand behind Memphis's ear and scratched, making him smile his mouth open.

"Yip," I chirped happily. "Are you ready to go home, Memphis?" I said as I held him before he licked my face, making me laugh.

"Baaaaabe" Kane whined at me, his body hanging slightly off the edge of my bed, upside down.

I looked at him and chuckled, "What?"

"I need attention"

"Sorry, too busy" I turned back around to continue petting Memphis.

"Woooooooow," Kane dragged out, "I'm being replaced by a dog"

"Yup," I agreed, knowing he'd have something to say about it.

"Wait-wha-Everest"

I turned to look at him, leaving Memphis on his back, all paws stuck in the air, his tongue sticking out of his mouth out the side. "Yes?" I asked innocently, asking as if I said nothing.

"That was rude, I'm hurt," He said dramatically as he still stayed hung upside down, his face slightly red.

"Oh, I hurt you?" I asked, moving towards the bed, closer to Kane.

"Yes, I don't think I can ever forgive you"

"Wow, that's pretty serious," I said, putting my hand on Kane's leg, smirking.

Immediately I pulled him off the bed, making his body fall and hit the carpet-covered floors.

"OW, WHAT THE HELL, EVI"

I rolled my eyes, knowing it didn't hurt at all. He sat up, glaring at me, which really made him look cute, but I'll let him continue to think he looks intimidating just so I don't hurt his ego. I put my hand on his cheek, gently pushing my lips into his, pulling away after a second.

I kept my hand on his cheek, his slight stubble under my palm, my face still only inches from his. "Forgive me?"

"Mhm.. you also pushed me off the bed.." He hinted, making me roll my eyes before kissing him again, the warmth of his lips spread through my skin immediately, making my skin scream for his touch after I pulled away.

"Good?" I asked softly.

"Perfect," He said with a smile.

"Good," I backed up, going back to Memphis. "Aw, baby" I awed at him, laying next to his body, leaving Kane next to my bed.

"You're so cute," Kane chuckled.

"I know he is," I said, petting Memphis, smiling.

"I wasn't talking about—"

"Shh, yes you were."

Kane got up, walking over to me, and leaned down, pecking me on the lips softly,

"Whatever you want, but you're still cute." He said, making me smile happily at the compliment.

"You are, too"

"I know I am," He said being cocky, making me roll my eyes, though a smile tugged at my lips.

"You're an idiot," I teased, chuckling at him.

"Your idiot, of course"

"Stop being cheesy," I laughed out.

"What? Come on, cheesy romances are the best"

"We're breaking up," I said jokingly, trying not to laugh.

"Noooo," Kane whined childishly, though I only ignored him, letting him complain a bit more. "Baaabe, I need attention" I laughed, continuing to put all my attention on Memphis.