[ 01 ]

"The nucleus of the atom then separates, creating a chain reaction where it then collides into a~"

"So like, how old are you?"

I turn around from the whiteboard and face all 221 students in the room.
I knew that because the desks were arranged in a rectangular 13 by 17 formation and multiplied the two numbers to get the exact amount of students attending, assuming all 221 chairs were filled.

I've only been seventeen minutes and 23,24,25... seconds in and a douchebag is already asking me about my age.

I glare into the man's eyes, "Is that really relevant at the matter at hand, sir?"

He stares immensely back, "Well I was just wondering, considering the fact that I'm at this university to learn from high priced, prestige classes taught by older, wiser professionals... not kids, Miss."

I grind my teeth in anger, I've been getting this similar statement by students across the country.

Yes, I look like a fetus, but my brain capacity is greater than about 99.9998% of all adults in America. This statistic just signifies everyone over the age of 21.

My intelligence level can blow apart the stuck up man that is asking me irrelevant questions at this moment.

"I am fifteen years old, is that a problem?" I state, coldly.

Someone almost immediately chokes on their drink after I said that.

I'm a little offended whoever that was.

"F-fifteen?" The man scoffs, "You're a freshman in high school, not college, and even so, you shouldn't be given the right to teach an AP class at UCLA!"

Everyone snickers, whispering and laughing.

My blood boils, deeply hurt but annoyed by the guy's words. "I have you know that there's a reason why I'm teaching your class right now and not you. You really want to test your intelligence against a fifteen year old genius teaching your class, why else do you think I'm here teaching AP courses? I'm in charge of this lesson for a reason."

The guy stays silent, curling himself farther into the seat.

I nod and continue with my lesson.

I'm teaching advanced courses at elite universities so the students who attend my classes are always stuck up and think they know everything because they're so smart for taking the class. So when they see a young girl teaching their class, there's always one who wants to open their big fat mouth and ask if I really do have the qualifications to teach.

The first time I taught a college course, someone questioned my age and how I got to teach university students. Of course I was taken aback, I didn't really think it was appropriate to be asked but in the end they all just laughed at me. Since then, I've been working on maintaining my level of respect, but as you know, that level isn't really high.

I can make people shut up, but at the end of the day, I know they're all talking about me behind my back.

It's the cruel reality. Statistically though, people who talk behind other people's backs is because they're jealous but won't admit to it by talking down on them.

I'm fifteen with an IQ of 223, a colleague of mine, Terrance Tao is the only individual I am close friends with that owns an intelligence greater than I.

He's 42.

So you can imagine the people I hang out with.

I teach universities in my free time, just an fyi. I travel across the world often, mainly to just work with other scientists, doctors, or mathematicians. I have to leave to Italy soon to assist the findings of DNA samples from ancient Athens.