[ 03 ]

Tell me what it feels like to be in love.

Tell me what I need to know.

I've been on this earth for 16 years now.

By my thirteenth birthday, I thought I knew everything about myself. I had a plan for the years coming of my future.

But now, now, 3 years later I don't know if that initial plan will follow through.

I realize it is part of life, to go through obstacles, change your mind, lose track of time, etc. but I didn't think I'd be that type of person to have it majorly affect me.

He showed up, and I wonder if I should stay.

To be with him.

However, I don't know if he would want me to.

I leave in a week because Dr. Tao comes back.

So I wouldn't need to be here then,... so I go back to Italy or Madagascar for whatever purpose I must be needed for this time.

How would Colby take it?

I haven't been honest with him, but I assume he's had the feeling that I can't be a substitute teacher forever.

The fact that I'm a substitute gives it away, cmon.

So, it's been roughly another month and I've never experienced so many fun yet simple things about life.

Colby has widened my horizons from my scientific and logistical perspective.

Yesterday, I celebrated my sixteenth birthday. Colby threw me a birthday party, and even though I did not know more than half the people at the party he threw me, it was the best night of my life.

No, I did not do anything illegal even though I knew well enough that almost everyone there was drinking or vaping or smoking weed, which was not a surprise for me.

Colby didn't though, he kept me company. We danced and played party games that were cheesy but insanely entertaining with other people... and when he brought out the cake, I never thought that I could ever feel so content.

I wanted to cry at how emotional that day was for me.

I felt normal.

My age has always brought me to this dead place, where I feel numb to my limbs when people don't treat me the way I deserve to be treated. But this time was different as I turned another year older.

I'm intelligent, but young, and when people hear that, they blow it totally out of proportion.

Yeah, I'm a teenager, but not a fucking baby.

However, my maturity levels (I realize at least) are tremendously high so that I act way older than my age.

Last night though, I felt like I was acting my age though.

A time that I've never experienced before.

I had never been to a party like that, only like galas, or fancy dressy type of crap that I definitely get sick of judging by the fact by how many old people there are every time.

Surrounded by people of youth was refreshing.

Surrounded by him was refreshing.