four

i couldn't take it anymore. i had to say something.

before i said anything, shawn leaned towards my ear, "we should get out of here, get your stuff,"

i was already getting my things, "one step ahead of you,"

as we exited the gym, the people with cameras that i saw earlier started approaching us. shawn saw this and started walking faster. he then wrapped his arm around my waist as i covered my face with my hand.

the group of people then started yelling things while they were taking pictures.

"shawn, over here!" a man with a big camera yelled, "is this your girlfriend?"

"what's her name?" a woman asked while running towards us, "can you two pose for the camera?"

"who is this, shawn? you two make a beautiful couple!" another man yelled, "young lady, who are you?"

when we finally got to the car, shawn opened the door for me. he then ran to the other side to get in through his door. once he got in the car, he just looked at me.

"what the hell just happened?" i asked with a confused look on my face.

he started driving, "i thought you figured it out already, so i assumed you knew,"

"figured what out?" i questioned, "know what?"

he laughed, "you don't know what the fuck i'm talking about, do you?"

since i was sort of annoyed, i responded with somewhat of an attitude, "clearly not, if i'm ask-,"

"who am i?" he asked out of nowhere.

"you're shawn. someone i met less than twenty four hours ago. someone who still has yet to answer my question. someone who loves interrupting me," i said frustratedly, "you're shawn men-"

i was going to say his name again, but then it clicked. he was shawn mendes.

shawn mendes. the guy that sings 'there's nothing holdin' me back'. the guy who was talking about his tour last night when i thought he was just talking about a regular trip he took.

no wonder he looked familiar.

"why didn't you say anything?" i asked with a whisper tone.

he paused for a moment, "as i said earlier, i thought you knew,"

"well i didn't," i responded, "i'm very slow at processing information, let alone piecing things together,"

"good to know," he said with a smile while turning on the radio, and as if it was planned, 'there's nothing holdin' me back' started playing. it was an oldie, but a goodie.

i already knew the answer, but i still had to ask, "so this is you?"

"yep," he said.

while shawn's song was playing, i went on instagram. let's just say i was a word stronger than shook. i had thousands of new followers, hundreds of new likes and comments on my pictures, and many dms that were both positive and negative. all of my mentions consisted of pictures of shawn and i.

i was very surprised at how fast these pictures got out. since shawn was driving, he couldn't see his instagram so i told him what happened. he wasn't as surprised as i was. he muttered a few things i didn't catch, but i'm assuming he didn't want me to hear.

"can we not tell anyone about me not knowing who you are?" i asked out of nowhere.

"no, why?" he said while laughing, "it's going to be a good story to tell,"