thirty

eight am. the time my alarm woke me up. i looked to the right side of the bed and saw nessa passed out, i didn't blame her.

last night was kind of a blur, but one thing i remembered was agreeing to get coffee with isaac. and with that, i got out of bed to start getting ready.

i grabbed the bag of my things that i brought for the morning and made my way to the bathroom.

i took some ibuprofen, washed my face, then proceeded to change. i changed into a white top, black skinny jeans, black heels, the necklace shawn gave me, the ring from the set i gave shawn, a cartier bracelet and ring, and sunglasses. i let my hair be and for makeup, i did something simple. [outfit below]

once i finished getting ready, i ordered an uber

once i finished getting ready, i ordered an uber. i didn't end up waiting for long.

while i was in the uber, i got a text from shawn, "good morning, beautiful, i miss you"

i responded immediately, "good morning, handsome, i miss you too"

we continued texting until he said he had to go, which was conveniently the same time i arrived at starbucks.

i thanked the uber driver and walked out of the car and into starbucks. when i stepped inside, i automatically made eye contact with isaac. he was sitting at a table next to a window.

"hey," he said as i walked up to him.

i put my sunglasses on top of my head, "hi,"

he smiled, "ready to order?"

"yeah," i said while making my way to the line.

while in line, both of us stayed silent.

i walked up to the register, "hi, can i get a grande carmel macchiato?"

"of course," the barista said while she wrote on a cup, "anything else for you today?"

i got my wallet out from my purse, "no thank you, that will be-"

isaac walked up to us and handed the barista his credit card, "hi, can i get a grande americano?"

i looked up at him, "what are you doing?"

"i invited you, so i'm paying," he said while making eye contact with me.

"anything else for you two?" the barista asked.

isaac looked back at me and and i shook my head, "no, we're good,"

the barista gave isaac back his card, "alright, that'll be ready in just a moment,"

"thanks," isaac told the barista as he put his card back in his wallet.

we walked to the counter where you pick up your drinks.

i looked at him, "thank you for the coffee,"

"like i said, i invited you, so i'm paying," he responded, "oh, and you're welcome,"