2. She May Not Wake Up

Echo POV

Bang!

Murphy looks up at me. "What was that?" He asked.

"I have no idea."

"That was the sound of a gunshot," Zeke says.

Without question, we all scramble towards the sound of the gunshot and find Bellamy holding a limp Clarke in his hands.

"Help!" He cries.

"What happened?" Zeke frantically tries to get an answer.

"Robert shot her," he manages to stammer.

"Robert? He was here?" Charmaine asks. SHe must have heard the shot too and ran towards the sound like us.

"Shut up! That's not important! We need to help Clarke!" Bellamy snaps.

"The only other person that I know of that has some medical experience is Raven, she fixed her leg on the Ark," I tell Zeke.

"I have some medicinal skills as well, I'll help," Charmaine says.

"I'll go get Raven," Zeke says. But before he can do anything, Raven runs in the room.

"What was that?" She asks, out of breath.

"Clarke has been shot and we need to do immediate surgery on her now!" Charmaine shouts. "Everyone out of the room!" She commands.

"No, I won't leave her," Bellamy says. Raven gives me "the look", telling me he needs to get out of here.

"I'll stay, in case you need another pair of hands," Murphy says.

"Thanks, now everyone else, OUT!" Charmaine says.

I take Bellamy's shoulder and take him out of the room. Apparently Monty and Harper were out and didn't hear anything that was going on, so I explained it to them when they came back.

"I'll go check the monitoring system to see if I can get a glimpse of what happened and make sure they're not here anymore," Monty says. Him and Harper walk out of the room to where the control room must be.

"Emori, Zeke," I say, turning towards them. "Can you give Bellamy and me some alone time?"

"Sure," Zeke says.

Once they were gone, I turned towards Bellamy.

"Are you Okay?"

"I have to be."

I stayed silent and so did he. I would occasionally glance over and see his leg violently shaking or his fingers fidgeting, I could tell he was worried.

It wasn't until 4 hours later that Charmaine came into the room.

"Hey," she cautiously walked to us.

Bellamy stood up immediately, the movement causing Zeke and Emori take awake from their nap and become alert.

"Yes?" Zeke asks Charmaine.

"We've managed to get Clarke stable, but we don't know if she'll make it. It's too soon to see if the bullet wound did anything else, only time will tell. I don't want to worry you guys and tell you it's your last day with her, but treat it as so. She may not wake up."

I nodded and placed my hand on Emori's back, holding Zeke's hand in my other. We walked out of the room giving Bellamy some alone time with Clarke.

Once we were back in the family room, I saw Monty and Emori hanging out with Madi.

"Is clarke Okay?" Madi tan up to me.

"Um," I stammer.

Zeke looks over at me and nods, signaling that he'll tell her the news. If this natblida has any grounder blood still left in her, it will be hard for her to trust us when Clarke dies. If she dies.

Bellamy POV

I walk into the hospital wing, nodding at Murphy as he passes me. Charmaine stayed out in the common room, so it should just be Raven in there with me.

I hesitantly open the door to the operating room.

My eyes land upon the still limp Clarke laying on the table, except this time there's more color to her cheeks.

"I'll leave you two alone," Raven says as she washes off her blood stained hands.

I wait until she leaves the room to cry. I make my way over to her table.

"Hey, Clarke," I sob. I give a weak smile. "I'm sorry. I should've taken the bullet for you. God," I lay me head back and let the tears run down my face. "I can't loose you again. I've only had you back for a few days, and I'm already going to be the cause of your death." I laugh at the irony: all this time I was trying to protect her, but I end up killing her in the end.

"I-I love you. Madi loves you. You can't give up. I need you."

I try to look anywhere but at her, in the end, I give up and bury my face in my hands.

"Do you remember the time when we first met? I was such a fucking dick to you, I don't know how you put up with me. I didn't deserve your kindness, yet you have it to me. I would be dead if it weren't for you."

I take her hand in mine. "What was that whole thing with 'Miss Blake?'" I ask rhetorically to her. "I like the ring to it, 'Mis. Blake'," I force a laugh.

I don't speak after that.

I stayed there all day, going over all of the possibilities I could in my head to try and see if I could've moved fast enough in front of her to take the bullet. I think I could've done it, but it's too late now.

I fell asleep by her side.