5. Raven the Hunter

Charmaine POV 

Hunting with Raven was an experience. Neither have us had ever been hunting, or at least not in a long time. We- meaning Raven- managed to catch a five-legged rabbit. I shot at a dear, but it moved last second and the gunshot scared the dear away. I found some berries, Raven didn't know if they were edible or not. I took a bite but I didn't die so I guess they're fine, for now.

We came back to the Eligius after hour three-hour expedition. Raven went to go check on Bellamy and Clarke but they were asleep.

I offered to skin the rabbit but she objected and said she would because she's seen it done millions of times. While she skinned the rabbit, I looked around the ship for things to do.

Madi, Zeke, Echo, and the rest were in Polis because they needed all the help they could get from digging out the rubble. I would've joined them since Raven is a good enough doctor, but Echo left and no one would be here to defend us besides Bellamy. But I had to be awake when Bellamy was asleep.

Monty showed me how to lock up ship after dusk in case of any stray animals wandering in or Robert and Vinson coming back. But it was only 12, meaning we had eight more hours until dusk.

Once Raven was done skinning the meat, I went to the kitchen that was supplied for us. It came with an oven and an ice chest, nothing more. I put the rabbit in there to cook for three hours, looks like we won't be eating until 3:30. Once finished, I decided to check in with Raven. 

"Hey," I meet her in the control room. 

"Hey," she says, not looking up from the panels. "What's up?"

"I was just going to take a nap, the rabbit will be done in three hours."

"I'll set a timer," she says and sets up a timer on the panel. 

"Okay, thanks. If I don't wake up by then can you take it out?"

"Sure."

With that, I left, not wanting to disturb Raven's work. I went to my chambers and laid down to nap. All of that hunting had worn me out. 

Clarke POV

I woke up to the smell of cooked meat. I started to stir but realized I couldn't because something was restraining from doing so. Rather, someone. I looked down and saw Bellamy's hands wrapped around my waist, holding me like a baby. I turned my head in such a way that I could let Bellamy know that I need to get up. 

"Bellamy," I whisper. There was nothing except a "mm?" from him. 

"Bellamy," I say harsher. "Wake up." 

His grip on me tightened and he buried his head in the crook of my neck on top of my shoulder. 

"Ow," I winced. "Bellamy!" I said in a normal tone. 

"Huh?!" Bellamy shot awake. He looked around before realizing what he was doing. "Sorry," his face flushed while retracting his arms from my waist. 

"It's okay," I tell him, longing for his warmth again. "I need to use the washroom."

"Here, I'll help you out of bed." Bellamy got up and walked over to my side of the bed. He carefully picked me up and set me down on the floor. 

"I can go to the bathroom by myself, by the way," I let him know. 

"Alright, just call if you need me."

I nod my head and use the washroom. I did it by myself fine and came back on my bed. 
"I'm so hungry," I complained.