4. Shower Time

Clarke was awake and that was the end of it. After countless tests run by Raven and Charmaine, they figured everything was fine- besides her wounds- and that waking up early from her coma doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong with her, just that Raven and Charmaine's  predictions were a bit off.

I spent the next few days by her side always. We just talked, made each other laugh, and she comforted me when I felt this was all my fault.

"You think everything's your fault," she joked.

"It's because it is."

"Oh, don't be so down in the dumps, Bellamy. You being depressed is not what I need."

"Have I told you how much I missed your voice?"

"It's t been a week. You've gone six years without it."

"But now that you're alive I just want to spend every minute with you," I told her, and I could tell she was trying to hide a blush. "I've been alive," she retorted while trying to calm her rosey cheeks.

Spending the day at Eligius meant I was able to talk to my sister everyday. I told her that progress was fast and that in the next week we should be getting them out. I was sad that I would have to give up our little plot of land again, but I was glad that I would see my sister.

"Hey, Clarke. I was thinking, I wanna go back and help out at Polis."

"I'm not stopping you," she laughed. "I'll be happy as long as I can take a shower. Do you know how long it's been since I've had a real shower? and now that a ship that just happens to have showers has come down, I must take a shower before someone blows up this ship."

"Alright," I laughed along with her.

"Ugh," Clarke exclaimed as she put her left hand to her head because her right was currently immobile. "Do you see this? Dried blood in my hair? I've dealt with worse but now that the thought of a shower is tempting me I cannot resist my old germophobic ways."

"Raven said that yesterday you were cleared for showers, but you'll just have to change your bandages after."

"I'm a doctor, I know this stuff, Bell," she rolled her eyes.

"I just can't take a shower because everything hurts when I move my arm."

"How 'bout a sponge bath, Madam?" I joke.

She playfully  punched me in my shoulder with her left hand.

"Okay, in all seriousness, do you want me to get Echo to help you shower?"

She was hesitant to answer. "No, not really. I'll just wait until I can do it on my own."

"You're gonna stink," I tell her.

"I'd rather stink than shower with someone I don't know all too well. Besides, Echo's in Polis right now."

"How about Raven?" I suggest.

"I told you I'll wait. And Raven came in here earlier saying she was going hunting with Charmaine. Raven hasn't hunted in a while, and she needs practice."

"I can help," I offer.

"Only if you don't look,"she tells me and I can't help but laugh.

"What?" She asks.

"Oh my gosh Clarke we're not twelve. Besides, I'm dating Echo." I used that more of an excuse than as a valid reason.

"Which is exactly why I'm not letting you help because if Echo finds out she'll have my head."

"You look into things too much, Clarke, come on," I pulled her in for a hug. "Ew, you stink."

She again playfully punched me in my arm "You make me feel as if I'm seventeen and on the Ark again."

"Is that good or bad?" I ask.

"I don't know yet," she giggles.

Slowly but surely I help her to the nearest shower- which was about three doors down in a washing facility.

She told me to leave while she undressed. A few "shits" and "dammits" later, she slowly opened the door.

"What's wrong, Princess?"

She rolled her eyes. "I can't get my shirt off."

"Do you still want to take a shower?"

"Yes is still want to take a shower! Just help me and get it over with."

I followed her into the bathroom and gently took her top off. I got stuck on some dry blood and she winced in pain.

"Do you need me to remove your undergarment?"

"Yes," she said.

Once done I was left with a very mature Clarke in front of me. I took a quick moment to take it all in; she had grown, her muscles were more pronounced, her figure slim and malnourished.

"Ahem," she coughed.

"Sorry," I jumped. "Yes?"
"I need you to remove the bandage."

"Sure thing." I moved to the back of her and slowly removed the bandage, careful not to rip any tender skin.

"Thank you," she said when I was done. She hopped in the shower, turning it on with only her left arm, causing her body to twist in a weird way. I told her I'd wait in the bathroom, making sure didn't fall or anything like that.

A few "fucks" later I was back to helping he in the shower. I took off my shirt and pants because it would just be uncomfortable to wash in wet clothes, but left on my boxers.

I helped her shampoo and condition her hair with 100 year-old shampoo and conditioner that surprisingly worked. I helped clean her wound and wash her body. She did do some things on her  own. Once she was done, I got her towel, wrapped her up, and -too weak to walk- carried her back to the hospital wing.

The cold air with my wet body mad me really cold so I quickly got into my clothes before changing Clarke's bandages.

Clarke was still wrapped in the towel when I got back. "Ready for your bandages to be changed?" She nodded and I changed then for her. It took a few tries, but I finally got it.

I got some of the clean clothe so managed to find around this place and dressed her. It was a men's black t shirt and sweatpants. I don't know how long it's been since I've seen real, new clothes. By the time I was done and helped her, Clarke was very tired.

"Hahhh," Clarke yawned.

"Tired?"

"Very."

"Alright, I'll leave then."

"Wait, Bell," she said before I reached the door.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Stay."

"Alright."

I was willing to sleep on the floor, but Clarke made me sleep on the bed with her. It was bigger than other hospital beds and sledge the Ark widthwise, bit shorter lengthwise, causing my legs to naphtha off the edge.

"Sleep tight," I told her.

"You *yawn* too."