Ch. Five

Ch. FIve

"So I was thinking," Lance glanced at Keith when he'd noticed the Korean boy enter the room after his younger sister. He quirked an eyebrow uncertainly, pulling up a chair at the kitchen table. "That's never good."

"Har, har," the Cuban rolled his eyes playfully, before the ocean blues settled on Keith again. "No, but really. I was thinking; and hear me out, here. You owe me."

Keith blinked. That was not what he'd expected to escape Lance's chapped lips, so, understandably, he was taken slightly off guard. "I'm sorry, what?"

"You owe me," Lance repeated bluntly, that shit-eating grin still plastered on his face. Keith raised an unamused eyebrow, and, before he could respond, a deafening crash was to be heard in the open doorway. Both boys' heads swiveled to the disruption, and Keith found himself breathing out a laugh. Dom was groaning on the ground, rubbing his side dejectedly while Sebastián loomed over him, an apparent smirk on his lips. "I guess you've really fallen for me, hm?"

"Shut... up," Dominic heaved out, ignoring Sebastián's extended hand and climbing to his feet, a light blush dusting his cheeks.

Lance rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. Keith shivered when he leaned in close, his warm breath fanning Keith's ear. "How much do you want to bet they'll be fucking by the end of the month?"

"Lance!" Keith gasped, shoving him away in disgust while the boy laughed. Keith dropped his voice to a whisper. "Dominic is fourteen years old!"

"Two-year difference," Lance waved a hand dismissively. "Seb's only sixteen. It could work."

"What were you saying about me owing you something?" Keith ground out, eager to change the topic to something more comfortable to discuss. Lance grinned, pleased at his words, before leaning forward and wrapping an arm around Keith's shoulders. "I had the common courtesy to drive you to safety yesterday; now you have to give me a favor, too."

Keith blushed, his mind going places he would really not like it to go. "What... What favor?"

"You're gay, right?" Lance asked bluntly, and Keith coughed, choking on the air in front of him as he processed Lance's words carefully. "Am... Am I-" Dear Lord, Lance had better not have been implying what Keith thought he might be implying.

"It's a simple yes or no question, Flower," Lance mused with his chin in his palm.

"I-" Keith gulped. "I... Um, yes?"

Lance grinned, then, and the blush grew brighter on Keith's face. The Cuban clasped his hands together, staring intensely into Keith's eyes. "I'm bisexual, yeah? Look, a little backstory; there's this guy at school that I'm totally crushing on, like big time. I could always use a wingman, you know."

Keith shifted as something sunk in the pit of his stomach, but he ignored it and shook his head as if to rid himself of the feeling. "How do you expect me to do that? News flash; I'm not all that popular with the people at our school."

"Hm, never would have guessed," Lance nodded solemnly, before breaking into a dopey, half-smile when Keith shoved his shoulder, rolling his eyes.

"Seriously, okay, okay," Lance tried to calm the boy when he'd started to quietly curse his name under his breath. The Cuban boy laughed when Keith shot him a glare. "I-seriously, Flower. Help me out, here. I could really use a sidekick. Hunk refuses to help me after, ah, last time, and Pidge and Allura don't know anything about getting a guy, as-" he coughed pointedly. "Neither of them have ever had a boyfriend before."

"What makes you think I have?" Keith asked, rather put-off. Lance blinked. "Have you?"

Keith grumbled under his breath. "...Yeah. Shut up."