Ch. Fifteen

Ch. Fifteen

"Is it possible to like two people at the same time?" Dominic asked, dropping onto the old, worn couch next to Keith.

The boy had escaped to the basement and just sat there, alone with his feelings for what felt like hours. When Dom had appeared at the top of the stairs, he'd only studied his older brother for a few seconds before joining him on the couch and speaking his mind.

Keith sent a wary glance in his direction, only to observe his brother, completely lost in his thoughts. "Seb and Oliver?" He asked, no other words needed because Dom had nodded without hesitation.

"Because, like," Dom sighed, leaning over to rest his head on Keith's shoulder. "I didn't think it was possible, like I thought you would always like one person more than the other, right? But... I don't. I like them both equally because they're so different, you know? If you asked me right now, I could probably list ten different reasons for liking each of them."

Keith nodded slowly as Dom spoke into his shoulder, before sighing and leaning back. "I feel like... I feel like you should tell them." His voice broke, and he glanced away, drawing his knees to his chest. "What could go wrong?"

Dom was quiet, but neither of them moved. Keith could feel Dom's eyes on him, studying his profile. "Are you okay, Keith?"

Yeah, of course I'm okay. Have you met me? I'm always okay, kiddo.

"I'm-" he tried to reassure, but the words caught in his throat. Dom hummed softly, turning so he could wind his arms around his brother's waist, resting his head in the crook of Keith's neck. "It'll be okay, Keith," he whispered. "Don't beat yourself up over everything."

Keith pursed his lips, squeezing his eyes shut and hiding his face in Dominic's hair, inhaling deeply. "It hurts," he whispered.

"I know," Dom slipped his arm into Keith's so they were linked, adjusting his position. "Believe me. I know."

Keith was tempted to see if Camila had any alcohol so he could steal some, hide away for a while so he could numb himself. He couldn't do that with Dominic next to him, though. He was far too rattled, and any attempt at a lie would be futile.

"Keith?" A familiar voice called down the basement stairs, and for a second he thought it was Lance, coming to see him. He couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, however, when Sebastián poked his head into view, glancing between Dom and his older brother. "Hey, guys, have you seen Lance anywhere?"

Instantly, a spike of anxiety flashed through his bones, and Keith sat forward, locking eyes with Seb. "What?"

Dom was on his feet in an instant, making his way towards the stairs where Sebastián stood tentatively, bouncing on his heels in anticipation.

"When's the last time you saw him?" Keith asked, twisting his shirt together and allowing Dom to step in front of him. When he'd reached Sebastián, the two had instantly grabbed onto each other, whether it be a section of Seb's old sweatshirt or the small of Dom's back, they found a place to connect somehow.

It struck a chord of jealousy in Keith, but he didn't comment as Sebastián turned back to face him, a grim expression darkening his features. "Probably like an hour ago? He and Chris both disappeared out of nowhere, and I don't know where they could have possibly gone at one in the morning on a Monday."

Keith's stomach twisted uncomfortably, but he ignored it as the group exited the basement in a rush. Natalia and Daniel were sitting at the kitchen table, tapping at their phones and occasionally pressing them to their ears, before frowning and dropping them back onto the hard wood.