Chapter Seven: Remedy

The world around was moving, but I stood still. The sky grew dark then light in seconds. It felt so surreal. I felt as if I was in sleep paralysis. Something was pushing hard against my chest, and it was hard to breath. I tried to scream, but that just made my chest feel worse.

Then, everything stopped. I could move again. Eventually, though, the sky filled with clouds and it started to rain.

This didn't feel normal; I wasn't with Mulder, Skinner, and I wasn't at the hospital. I was in some dream world. And I was in pain. Less pain than I had been in before, but I was still hurting.

Then, a thought crossed my mind. Was there a possibility that I was unconscious, but my mind wasn't affected? That sounded crazy at first, but the evidence around me and the fact that I was not with Mulder or Skinner made that conclusion clear.

However, the world around me started to fade away and the hospital flickered in my vision. Skinner and a few people I hadn't known or seen were standing above me.

"She's awake," I heard one of the men I didn't know say.

"Dana?", I heard Mulder say my name worriedly as my eyes finally fully opened.

"Mulder? I t-thought you were hurt?" I stuttered nervously, but my eyes were starting to shut again, and I couldn't keep them open any longer.

As everything turned to blackness, I heard someone say "I love you," and I knew it had to be Mulder.

---
Hello everyone! Hope you liked this new chapter! This was in Scully's POV if you couldn't tell. 🙂. I plan to update at least two more times this week but I will for almost certain not update on Sunday. The reason why is I'm going to go to my school's play at 2:00 PM. Have a nice day/night whatever it is where you are!

(Feb. 22nd, 2018)