Chapter III

It was two days before the Inter-high match and the Seijoh team were practicing, as usaul. It was a beautiful day. Clear afternoon skies. There were sounds of volleyballs hitting the ground. Heck, even Kunimi was practicing more than usual. However, there was a small storm brewing in the Seijoh gym. Kou ushered everyone to the bench where she, a very agitated coach and an eqaully agitated teacher stood, knowing what the female manager was going to do. Kou smiled at her team. The team, on the other hand, was completely clueless about the saying: "It's calm before the storm." Kunimi and Kindaichi were about to skillfully make their way out the gym without detection.

"Kunimi-kun. Kindaichi-kun. Where are you doing?" the duo flinched at the friendliness in her voice. "Get back here."

"Crap! She's going to lose it." The two went back to their places before and prayed that she wasn't mad specifically at them. This was the cycle for Kou's anger. She smiles like an Angel, speaks in a very friendly manner that, if you don't know her like Kunimi or Kindaichi, you would think she was the friendliest person you know.

"The fact that the Inter-high match is coming means practucing right?" She started. But, the team was thrown back by the next things she said.

Correction: Shouted.

"I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE DOING YOUR BEST FOR THE INTER-HIGH MATCH BUT PLEASE DON'T TRY TO OVERWORK YOURSELVES!" Everyone flinched at the voice of their black haired manager, clearly embarrassed and frightened at the same time. Kou puffed up her cheeks and it clearly got the attention of the team.

"Guys, I'm sorry, just try and rest okay? I don't want any of you to get injured before the game and we don't want anything to happen like that one time OIKAWA-SAN overpracticed. Okay?" Kou took a sharp glance to the team's captain. Her sharp eyes darting everyone fearfully. Oikawa somehow managed to hide behind Iwaizumi, who was hitting him continually saying that Kou was right.

Two days later, here it is, the Inter-high match. Kou lectured them again the hour before they took off from their gym at Aoba Jhosai. The Seijoh team walked together to their place at court and Kou could hear a lot of comments from the other people at the gym.

"Look, its Seijoh. The one with the pretty manager."

"It's the team with the angel manager."

"Shhhhh! They might hear you!"

"Go say Hi. Go on. Go on!"

"Shhhhh! She's so cute." Hanamaki, Matsukawa and Kindaichi somehow heard those comments and glared at the people who said it.

"If glares could kill, they'll probably be dead by now." Iwaizumi said as they passed through the crowd of people.

"Where's their setter?" Irihata looked at his team and saw that there was a missing setter.

"Where's Oikawa?" he asked and Yahaba immediately became nervous.

"What is it? Spit it out." Mizoguchi said and Yahaba explained that he was held back by some girls from another school. Mizoguchi and Irihata's faces went black the moment they heard that.

"Iwaizumi."

"Yes." Iwaizumi started to walk with an irritated face.

"Uhmm, you can go ahead, I'll just go to the ladies' washroom." The team nodded and Kou went to the washroom. While going out, Kou bumped into a tall guy with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you." Kou immediately bowed and the guy looked at her.

"It's okay." The guy smiled. Kou took notice of his tracksuit.