Part 8 ~ Betrayal

"H-Hoseok," I began, looking everywhere but his eyes, feeling flabbergasted. Then I remembered that this wasn't my usual self; I was supposed to be composed and unperturbed. I felt my eyebrows raising and my own mouth twisting into a smirk before I spoke.

"Where's this confident Hoseok coming from? It's unlike you. You're more of the type to be embrassing around girls, like when you ripped your pants the other day and I saw your chamber of secrets," I said with a wink, making Hoseok flush a deep crimson. He instantly lost his sangfroid and his eyes widened in embarrassment, while I smiled in satisfaction. He backed away from the locker, but now it was my turn.

I continued advancing towards him, while he stammered out a defence.

"Oh, c'mon, you didn't even - you didn't even see that clearly. Did you?" he appeared even more awkward than I expected, and I enjoyed that a little too much.

"If you like red hearts, I'm sure you like teddy bears too," I said, and by now I had him backed into the lockers on the opposite side of the room. Hoseok's eyes grew large, his hands flying instinctively to his bottom.

"No! How did you see that? Were you watching me change?!" He asked incredulously, and I gasped, half-laughing.

"No way! Was I right? Are you wearing teddy bears?!" I asked, guffawing while Hoseok stared at me in horror. He was about to sprint away when I grabbed him by his clothes, which just happened to be his shorts, and it ripped away to reveal a neat pair of boxers with rows of fluffy teddy bears decorated on them. It was my turn to look horrified, and I turned around in shock, blocking my eyes.

"That was an accident I swear!" I wailed, and I heard Hoseok chuckling behind me.

"Y/N, I didn't know you were like this," Hoseok said in a low voice, sending chills down my body. I shook my head vigorously, my eyes still covered while I clumsily tried finding my way around the lockers and benches. My plan had completely backfired, and even though Hoseok should have been more embarrassed, it was me who was blushing to the point where even my ears were hot.

"Y/N, where are you going? Are you shy now? Even though this is your fault?" Hoseok asked, making me feel extremely ungraceful as I tripped three times before I found the exit. By the time I had managed to escape, I could still hear Hoseok laughing from the locker rooms. Annoyed, I stomped up to the main school building, burying my head in my own school locker.

What was this boy doing to me?

***

It was three weeks after that incident when I was making my way towards the principal's office to collect letters to hand out. That was my job - it had been assigned to me ever since I started high school; to hand out letters that were placed in a little pigeon hole at the office, addressed to teachers or students. They were sometimes from outsiders who sent letters to the school for a specific student, that the principal had to read first before giving them to any student. Or other times, they were from the principal himself, giving a notice out to a student or a teacher. If it was for a student, then the secretary would be kind enough to write down the locker number for me on the envelope, and all I had to do was deliver. I must admit it made me feel pretty important.

I passed Mr Kim on the way, who greeted me with a nod of the head and I smiled in response, skipping to the office with excitement; there was only a month left for the school dance, and I was expecting a special someone to ask me to be their date. I smiled just at the thought.

The pigeon hole didn't have a lot of mail that day, there were only three letters, and I took them in my hand, browsing through the names as I made my way down the hallway. The last letter was just a locker away from mine, and I sighed with relief when I had placed it inside. Then I began entering my own locker combination to get my books for my first class, which was with Mr Kim. But before I could even finish entering my code, someone rushed up to me and banged a fist into my locker.

Startled, I looked up, blinking slowly.

It was Hoseok, and he looked furious.

"Hoseok? What's up?" I asked, puzzled. But Hoseok only continued to glare at me, while I frowned. When he didn't speak, I proceeded to finish entering my code but Hoseok had his hand on mine and had pulled my hand into a firm grip.

"Where is it?" he asked, his tone serious. My confused expression along with my silence seemed to only be making things worse, and when I didn't answer, he banged his fist into the locker next to mine again.

"What are you talking about?" I said in a slightly irritated tone, aware that a few pairs of eyes were turning around to stare. Hoseok only laughed in disbelief.

"You're playing dumb? I know you have it, Y/N. Open your locker," he ordered, and I looked at him incredulously.

"Excuse me?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"My letter, Y/N. I know you're hiding it. My letter about the swim meet. Give it to me," he said, and I shook my head in bewilderment.

"I don't have it, nothing came for you yet, Hoseok. I have no idea what you're talking about," I finished, but Hoseok had nodded towards my locker.

"Then open your locker and let's see," he said, making me laugh out loud.

"You're not gonna find anythi-" I trailed off as I opened my locker door and a blue envelope dropped to the floor. The flap was open and a letter was sticking out from the brim. I stared at it with a muddled expression as I took it between my fingers to examine it.

"Give me that," Hoseok said, snatching it from my hand before yanking the letter open to read it's contents. I watched as his eyes hastily skimmed the paper, then he emitted a loud groan, shut his eyes and rammed his fist into the locker for the third time, only this time he continued hitting it until his efforts grew weaker, and weaker.

Worried, I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Hoseok? What's wrong?" I asked, concerned, but Hoseok pushed me away with tears puddling in his eyes.

"Was this a prank? To hide this from me? Do you know how this affects my future?" Hoseok asked, and I barely shrugged before he weakly placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Why would you do this, Y/N?" I've missed my swim meet. It was yesterday. This letter came a week ago. My future...it's all gone," Hoseok said, dropping his arms and staring at me helplessly. Mortified, I began rambling.

"No! Something's not right, Hoseok. I have no idea how this got into my locker. I have no idea what happened! I would never do this, you have to believe me. But it's not too late, right? Why don't you phone that guy and explain what happened, and maybe he'll give you a -"

"A second chance? Maybe in another few years, Y/N. But my chance for now is gone. I can't believe you would do this," he said before walking away sadly.

I was at a loss for words. I had no idea what had just transpired, but all I knew was that the person that I was slowly falling in love with was hurt, and all because of something he thought I did. I felt a tear leave my eye, before spinning around on my heel and storming off, looking for the person who I was certain was responsible for this.

And I would find him.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Thank you for 1.2k reads❤❤❤❤ I appreciate all the love ❤ Please leave a vote and comment ❤