Alyssa x Reader (they fight)

Major writers block 😭

"We owe $5,670 Richard! And between y/n and your mom living here! Do you understand how much money-" my mom sits down rubbing her eyes. My dad stands behind the counter shaking his head. "We don't even have enough money for a divorce. Because trust me if we did, I would have been gone a long time ago!" She shouts back, pointing a finger at him.

"Karen! That's all talk! You don't really believe that." He shouts defending himself. I've had enough. I run out the door, slamming it shut. I knew they'd run after me, but who cares.

"Honey, y/n! We didn't mean that! We are just in a bad situation! Please come back." My dad shouts at me.

"Maybe once you and mom work things out, I'll come back!" I yell, stomping away, tear on my cheeks. At least they blend in with the rain. I walk a couple blocks to Alyssa, my best friends house. When I know I'm the door, I see her lights turn on inside. I hope I didn't wake her up.

"Y/n?! What are you doing?" She asks looking past me, "it's cold and rainy! I don't think your mum would let you walk around like that."

"Yeah? Well I don't care what she thinks, or my father! They can both suck it." I tell her pushing past her, walking in to her house. I leave my shoes at the door step, not wanting to make a mess.

"Where they fighting again?" She asks locking the door then following me to the kitchen. "That's all they ever do, Alyssa! Is fight, fight, fight! They fight about me. They fight about my grandma. They fight about money. They fight about everything! I just can't deal with it." I tell her sitting down on a chair.

"It's ok. I mean, it's not okay that they fight!" She says quickly, "but it's okay for you to stay here, ok. As long as you want, too." She smiles. "I'll go get some blanket and stuff. You can sleep in the guest room."

"Your mum won't mind?" I ask walking upstairs. "I don't think so." She tells me, uncertain. She pulls out some fresh sheets and a pillow from the closet. "Here." She says setting up the bed. "Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything." She say walking out. Then a knock comes from downstairs. Shoot.

"James?" I hear Alyssa say.

"Hey! I was just wondering if we could hang out. My place or here. Maybe watch some movies?" He tells her.

"Oof. Um James, as much as I'd love to, y/n is here, and she's not feeling to good. So, I feel as if it's my duty to make sure she's okay. She's my best friend." She tells him, "maybe sometime tomorrow, or in a couple of day?"

"Oh, yeah of course! Hope she feels better. And I appreciate you taking care of your friend like that, it's sexy." He tells her. Gross.

I close my door. I'm glad someone cares about me that much, to reflect their creepy boyfriend. I pull up my sheets, turning off the lamp. I'm eternally grateful to have Alyssa as my friend.