Lifeline {Lance}

Heyo! Thanks for coming!

Warnings: mentions self harm, suicide, etc.

Depressed!Lance x Paladin!Reader

———————————————————————————

You and the other Paladins had just freed another planet from Zarkon's empire. The village was throwing a celebration in their castle for the team. This was the perfect time to discuss forming an alliance with Voltron, since the queen and princess would be there. You wore your Paladin armor, along with the rest of the team and Allura.

After what felt like hours of greeting the locals in the castle, you and the team slowly made your way to the main hall, where the feast was. Also where the queen and princess were.

Outside of the main hall, Shiro and Allura, Who were in the front of the group, stopped and turned to Lance.

"Lance, Shiro and I think if it's best if you stay in the back and let us do the talking." Allura stated. Everyone was looking at Lance. "B-but why-" Lance asked, confused and slightly hurt. He was cut off by Pidge who said, "because the only thing filling the space where your brain should be is pick-up lines." Everyone laughed at Pidge's comment, except you.

You were Lance's best friend. As life became more and more stressful, Hunk and Pidge began to grow apart from Lance. But you stayed by his side, not only because he was your best friend, but because you had developed feelings for the blue Paladin.

Since you were his best friend, you knew how much he was hurting, and how that comment hurt him more. You once walked in on him cutting himself. Razor in one hand, blood dripping down his wrist, tears staining his cheeks. It was the saddest thing you had ever seen. You comforted him, and you made him promise not to do it again. But for some reason, you alwayhiss felt that he was going back on his promise.

"F-fine." He muttered and walked to the back of the group. You joined him there and put your hand on his shoulder, and gave it a reassuring squeeze. He looked at you, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. "It's okay. Stay strong. You can do this. I'm here for you." You smiled and whispered to him. He slightly smiled back at you.

Then, Shiro knocked on the door. Two guards pulled the doors open and bowed. You all stepped inside, you and Lance remaining at the back. A tall and thin woman with black hair, light green skin, red lips, and an forest green floor-length dress sat at the head of the table. Next to her was a shorter girl with light brown hair, light blue skin, and a navy blue floor-length dress. You assumed they were the queen and princess.

"Hello. It is a great honor of having you join us. I am queen Hilo. This is my daughter, princess Dalia. We thank you for saving our planet." Queen Hilo said. We took seats around them, of course you and Lance being the furthest from the queen and the princess.

Servants began to wheel carts with plates of food into the room, placing a plate in front of everyone. The Paladins started to introduce themselves. "I'm Allura, and the pleasure is all ours." It was finally your turn to introduce yourself. "I'm (Y/N)." You told the royals. "Pleased to meet you, (Y/N). And who may you be?" Hilo asked, gesturing towards Lance. Lance opened his mouth to say something, but before he could start, Allura jumped in.

"This is Lance, our blue Paladin. Unfortunately he can't speak at the moment." Lances mouth closed into a frown, and he looked back at his food. "Oh dear, I'm so terribly sorry!" Hilo apologized. You had seen Lance's reaction to him being 'mute', and you didn't like it. You were harshly glaring at Allura, Who didn't seem to notice your death glare.

"(Y/N), it's fine." Lance quietly spoke to you, still starring at his food. You looked at him, concerned, but you nodded to yourself and started eating.