Chapter 6

When I opened his eyes I found myself standing on a mountain side watching the SHIELD plane leave. As I looked around I noticed the others giving concerning looks.

"Cap, you alright?"

"I'm having a little Daja vu."

"Explain."

I looked at Coulson,"I've already been here. Right now we were going to get in there. I ordered the two of you in one team and Skye and I in another. We got into there systems and found peggy. Skye was captured and peggy and I sent back to the date of Howard Starks funeral. "

"You say the events are going to play out. Here's the chance to change that. We go in. We go down to where she is and have May and I keep watch while you and Skye get agent carter."

Skye said, "Do you think this will work?"

"It's worth a shot. We all know the risks and I understand if you stay back."

I took the grappling book and shot it at the mountain," if you stay stay out of sight and get ready for pick up."

Coulson looked at May and Skye then back at me," were in."

We made our way into the facility and down to where they were keeping Peggy. When I opened the last door she was already there waiting for me.

"Hi Steve."

"You remember?"

She grabbed my gun and shot one of the men coming in.

"We need to move."

"Can you walk?"

I looked down and saw her leg in a cast then picked her up.

She still holding my gun looked at me and smiled.

"Captain we need to move."

We got ready to leave but were to late. There were several guards and the same man from before. Coulson managed to grab Skye and got down before the man shot his gun at me and peggy. I turned so I would take the hit. I never thought things would happen the same. The only difference is we got sent back to 1946 during dusk.

"It's happened again."

"We need to hide. You're hurt this time and my uniforms going to draw some attention."

"How?"

"I dot know peggy."

I started walking to get out of public reach.

"When are we?"

"I think. I think it's 1946"

"That's earlier than before. By about 30 years."

"Steve?"

"What is it?"

"When we get our of this what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to take you dancing and ask you to marry me where the world can see."

"You still care even after all this."

"Peggy."

I found clothes on a line drying and stopped. I took of my shirt and started to change. Peggy did the same. I placed our old clothes into a bag then picked her up.

"Peggy you are the right partner. If I have to tell you every single minute of every single day for the rest of my life then I will."

I watched her smile before leaning her head into my chest.

"Thank you Steve."

We left to a shelter and managed to get a bed. I gave it to peggy while I slept on the floor.

When we woke up the next day she and I were sitting on a park bench that over looked Howard Starks funeral.

"Steve please tell me this is some joke."

"I'm afraid it isn't. We only have a few hours before time resets. What should we do?"

"If I had the chance to talk to tony and tell him I'm sorry in would but he's never been alone since this."

"Tony's a strong kid. He grew up just fine."

"He blames be for his fathers death."

"He can't mean that."

"He's never said it but I know it's true. His father spent all of Tony's youth looking for me. I'd love to talk to him and tell him of ago east do one of those time capsule letters for a week from the day I left on this mission to look for you."

"Why?"

"He's a good man who's been hurting. If I were him if I got a letter from the past, well I think I'd understand everything that happened to me just a bit more."

"Well I don't think were done time jumping. Will do it on the next go around. One letter to explain everything. One letter to say whatever you want."

"Alright," I took her hand and pulled her close," by the looks of the sky we've got 4 maybe 5 hours. What do you want to do?"

"How about the beach. I haven't been in awhile. I'd like to see it once more incase all hell breaks lose on our next attempts."

"Peggy I know I've told you this but I want to say it again,thank you."

We started walking toward the beach.

"Thank you for believing in the little guy."

"Steve the little guy still there. He just has a bigger heart now."

I wrapped my arm around her and felt she was cold. I then grabbed my uniform jacket and placed it around Peggy's shoulders before placing my arm around her again.

---

Not long after we arrived at the beach.