Chapter 9

I had to blink my eyes a bit. When they got adjusted I noticed that it was 1942. We appeared on the streets of Brooklyn.

May had already dragged James into an ally way and had peggy in here spear uniform that may always kept on her possession. she then came and dragged me into the ally way.

"It's earlier than before Steve. There are propaganda poster with your face plastered. Were not going to get very far."

I saw Bucky start to wake up, "Bucky?"

He sat up quickly then grabbed his knife.

"Steve?"

"Good you remember."

He dropped his knife then to his knees," what the hell is going on?"

"Bucky were back in the forties. the man that's been keeping you," I got down on my knees in front of him," he sent us back here."

Bucky looked up then to May and Peggy,"I know her," he then looked back at me as the others walked over," do I know her?"

I helped him up then introduced him to May.

"Bucky you remember Peggy."

"The girl in the... the beautiful red dress," he looked at me and smiled," I remember you taking a liking to her back when."

I shoved him and the girls laughed," were stuck here, I can't leave and James is a target with his arm."

"Then I'll see if I can find some food for you all. I haven't been seen yet. Maybe I can grab us all some food."

"Be careful May."

She nodded her head before leaving while the rest of us tried to make camp by using all the junk and thrown out stuff in that ally. when we were done peggy sat down next to me and used my shoulder as a pillow.

"Steve?"

I looked at Bucky,"what is it buck?"

"Thanks."

"Your my friend buck, of course."

I watched him smile," thanks for not giving up on me."

"I'm with you till the end of the line."

He smiled again then looked down.

"What's wrong?"

"Where do I even start to pick up and start over? where do I even start? why does it seem so hard? I opened the door into a nightmare. I wish I could go back home."

"But now you can?"

"How? we reset and I end up back in that box."

"I'll get you out. Both of you. I'm not leave my best friend behind."

He looked back at me," and of the woman....may?"

"Don't even think about it Bucky. We need her help."

"Fine. Oh and next time try and get out of the way of the blast."

"You think your so funny."

He started to laugh. Something I hadn't seen in years.

"Ya. I do. Glad you noticed. Now get some sleep. I'll keep watch."

"You sure."

"Ya. Go ahead."

I closed my eyes to try and get some rest. When I opened them the four of us were sitting in a park in different clothes.

"What the hell just happened?"

Peggy got up and looked around, "We time jumped. I don't know where we are it's all different."

"I need to go."

I got up and started to walk away when May grabbed my arm," where?"

"I'm going to leave a letter for Tony."

"You'd change the time line. We cant."

"I was sent back to make sure peggy never was taken. May my mission was to make sure she grew up and was never taken. A letter won't hurt."

"Ok. So what do we do?"

"Find the mansion. leave it hidden away so when this is all over and he finds it..." I looked around," we don't have much time. I say a couple hours at most."

"Ok. Let's move."

We all left to stark mansion.