2

"Dad, please don't leave us," I sobbed. I was on my knees, clutching his leg with all of my 9-year-old strength. "Please. I know you and mom can love each other again. You're not trying hard enough. You can't just give up. Please stay." My mom was sobbing into a pillow while my dad was trying to pry me off of his leg.

"I'm sorry Summer. I have to go now," he replied, giving me one last kiss on the forehead before he grabbed the last of his things and walked to the door. "I love you." Those were the last words he said before he walked out of the door.

I immediately sat up in my bed and looked around for my phone. I needed to talk to somebody about my nightmare. I can't stop crying and I feel like I can't breathe. I finally found it underneath one of my pillows and quickly called Solar.

calling Solar🌝...

ring

ring

ring

Oh, come on Solar. Pick up already.

"Hi. You've reached my voic-"

call ended...

My tears started flowing faster and my breaths became more unsteady as time passed. This hasn't happened in a long time. The longer I go without this happening, the harder it is to remember how to calm myself down. The only thing that really helps is talking to somebody. So I did the only other thing I could think of at the moment.

calling Johnny Seo...

ring

ring

"hello?"

"h-hey uh it's s-summer," I paused, breathing in deeply. "I know we just met earlier and it's early b-but can you come over? It's an emergency."

"yeah I'll be over in a minute," he said without hesitation.

"thank you so much. just walk in. I'm in my room."

call ended...

I was laying on my bed curled up in a ball when Johnny walked into my room. His hair was a mess and he was just wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt.

"Hey, you okay?" He whispered. I shook my head and sat up. This is so embarrassing. I haven't even known him for 24 hours and I'm already crying in front of him. I started crying harder as more memories of the day my dad left played in my head.

He walked over to my bed, sat down, backed himself up against my wall, and crossed his long legs. He placed a pillow on his lap and gestured for me to lay down.

~

All of the tears that were in my body are now gone. I've cried all I can possibly cry. I turned my head to look up at Johnny to let him know that I'm feeling a little better but I could tell that he was dozing off. His head was tilted downward, his mouth slightly opened, and his eyes would close every few seconds but he'd open them again each time.

"Johnny," I suddenly whispered which caused him to jump. "You can sleep if you want to. I'm okay now." I grabbed the pillow from his lap and placed it with my other ones and slipped under the covers.

"So, where should I sleep?" He suddenly asked.

"I just cried in your lap for half an hour. Sleep wherever you're comfortable because, in my point of view, we're already like this," I said while putting my crossed fingers in front of his face. He nodded while biting the inside of his cheek and slid underneath the blanket next to me.

"Your beds really comfortable."

"You're really awkward. Go to sleep."

After I finish writing this I'm probably gonna go through and edit this to add more details and stuff but until then, here's this.
Also
Sorry for starting all of my sentences with "I" and "he"
It's starting to annoy me but I don't know how else to word these sentences at the moment.