4

"Are you sleeping?" I heard Johnny ask quietly. We were still laying in the field but it was getting darker. If he didn't say anything, I probably would've fallen asleep.

"No," I muttered. I sighed and opened my eyes, looking at Johnny. "We should go. I'll fall asleep if we don't go now." He stood up first and grabbed my hand, pulling me with him. "Can you give me a piggyback ride?" I asked quickly.

"Yeah. Get on." He crouched down a little and held his arms out, ready to catch my legs. I jumped up and said thank you. I told him the way to get home before I rested my head on his shoulder.

~

*ding*

*ding*

*ding*

I grabbed my phone from my charger and checked to see who was texting me. Weird. I don't remember plugging it in last night.

Solar🌝:
I never got to stop by yesterday

Solar🌝:
So I'm coming over today

Solar🌝:
I'll bring your notebook too

Summer☀️🌻:
okay

20 minutes later, Solar walked into my bedroom and jumped onto my bed next to me. We haven't had a lot of time to hang out lately. It's okay though because we can go days without talking and never question each other's loyalty. We met in kindergarten when our teacher sat us next to each other because we both had 'sunshine names'.

"So tell me about this mystery boy you were with yesterday," she said suddenly.

"Mystery boy? He's not a mystery. He's my new neighbor. I was showing him around yesterday." She started asking me questions about him and wouldn't stop.

"Sol. Give me a minute," I said quickly before calling my mom into my room. She walked into my room and said hi to Solar before looking at me.

"What do you want?"

"I don't remember getting home last night. Or getting in bed. Or plugging my phone in," I told her, trying not to sound crazy.

"Oh yeah. Johnny knocked on the door and brought you upstairs. He said you fell asleep on his back and didn't wanna wake you up. He's a nice boy. Alright, I have to finish the dishes," she answered before turning and walking out of my room.

Solar looked at me for a few seconds before she started to talk. "What does she mean you fell asleep on his back?" I rolled my eyes at the number of questions she's asked already.

"I brought him somewhere, I started falling asleep, I asked for a piggyback ride. I guess I fell asleep. I don't remember though," I muttered. I grabbed my phone from my bed to text Johnny.

Summer Lee:
Thanks for putting me in bed yesterday

Summer Lee:
And plugging my phone in

Johnny Seo:
No problem 😊
I'll see you tomorrow

"Did you just text him?" Solar asked, interrupting me.

"Yeah. Why?"

"No reason. Just know that I called it," she replied with a smirk. "Hey, I have a kinda date thingy later today. You know that really cute black shirt you have? I need to borrow it."

"Wait, what? Date with who? It's Jaehyun, isn't it?" She immediately started blushing. "I knew it! It only took how long? A year? A year and a half?" She playfully smacked me a couple times.

"Yes, it's with Jaehyun. I'll let you know how it goes, okay?"

"Okay deal. Just don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"I'm going to strangle you," she said quickly.