Part 12

Colby's P.O.V

As I walked out of the room and out of the hospital I tried so hard to fight the urge to go back in there and fight for her, but I knew she didn't need to stress and that I'd already caused enough damage.

Just as I left the hospitals main entrance I got a text from one of my friends Adam, "Bro I'm having a party tonight if you wanna come? I know things are kind of tough at the moment with the Mara being in hospital thing so maybe a party is what you need".

At first I hesitated and then I realised he was right, maybe a party was what I needed.

"Count me in. I'm gonna go home and change then I'll be there" I texted back, I suppose going to a party is better than sitting at home dwelling on what has happened.

Once I got home I ran straight towards my bedroom, showered, got dressed and then immediately left for the party.

I arrived at my friends house to see it filled completely with people, most of which I didn't know.

I made my ways through the crowd to go and find Adam.

Just as I got into the house I felt an arm touch my shoulder and I turned to see my ex girlfriend Samantha stood in front of me.

Lets just say, our relationship didn't end on good terms and we haven't been together for about a year.

"Hey baby. So I see you got my text" She smiled, running her hand down my arm until she reached my hand and held it.

"Your text?" I asked, slightly confused as I haven't had any texts off her.

"Funny story actually" She began to drag me into the kitchen, "I knew you wouldn't come if I texted you as we don't have the best history so I texted you through Adams phone. Funny, right?" She finished her sentence whilst passing me some punch.

"By bad history do you mean the countless amount of times you cheated on me? Because if so, I'd definitely agree" I snapped.

"Ooo, someone's a bit grumpy. Trouble in paradise"? She asked, referring to mine and Mara's relationship.

"Not that its any of your concern but no, everything between me and Mara is perfectly fine" I lied.

She giggled, smirking, "Oh really? Is that what you call 'fine' now? Because she deleted your pictures off Instagram, unfollowed you and your relationship is all over drama alert. But, of you're sure everything's fine then okay".

I sighed, realising that it was time to except Mara and I were over.

Samantha began walking off but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back, "You're right. Me and Mara aren't together anymore because I made a stupid mistake. But I shouldn't have spoken to you like that so I'm sorry".

"Its okay. I get it. Break ups can be hard especially when you're still madly in love with that person" She replied, taking a hold on my hands.

I set my hands free and placed them on her face, and slowly lent in for a kiss.

I was pulled away from the kiss by a voice behind me, "Colby, what the hell are you doing"?

I turned around to see Sam, Elton and Brennan all staring at me blankly.

Sam began walking towards me, his fists clenched and an expression of anger on his face.

"Sam I can explain. This isn't what it looks like, I swear" I begged as Elton and Corey stood in between the two of us.

"Really Colby? Because right now it looks like you're at a party, cheating on my sister whilst she is in a hospital bed" He shouted, causing the music to switch of and everyone to turn and face us.

"That was a mistake. I don't know what I was thinking. Please just don't tell Mara" I pleaded, knowing if she found out there wouldn't be any coming back from this.

"The whole damn reason we are here is because Mara asked us to come and check on you. Because she cares and she was worried about you. But by the looks of things there is nothing to worry about because clearly you move on quicker than any of us expected" Sam turned to walk out.

"Dude please, just let me explain" I walked after him until, he finally stopped on the lawn outside of the house.

"No. I'm not letting you do anything. My little sister, YOUR girlfriend, is in a damn hospital bed after having a surgery that could nearly kill her and here you are kissing other girls at parties. I'm telling Mara. And I swear I will make sure she never ever takes you back as she deserves so much better than you. Go and pack up your shit and leave the house. I want you gone by the time Mara's released from the hospital tomorrow"