Chapter 1 ● Stay

(First few sentences are from the show: Star Wars Clone Wars, Season 5 Episode 20! So I did not come up with some of these sentences at the beginning! All rights go to Lucasfilm!)

..........

As the Jedi gathered in the Jedi Council room, Ahsoka felt an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach; like the decision she was about to make was wrong. Ahsoka felt the piercing stare of the Jedi's as she stood in front of them, wondering what they would say.

"Ahsoka, I- I'm so sorry." Anakin began, Ahsoka looked up and met his ocean blue eyes. "About everything." He finished in sorrow. Ahsoka blinked then nodded to her master.

"You have our most humble, apologies, young Ahsoka." Plo Koon said with his hands pressed together, hoping she would accept their apologies for not trusting the young Ahsoka. "The council was wrong, to accuse you." Plo finished, raising a hand.

"You have shown such great strength, and resilience, in your struggle to prove your innocence." Saesee Tiin says, giving Ahsoka a light smile.

"This is the true sign, of a Jedi Knight, Padawan Tano." Says Ki-Adi-Mundi, blinking at Ahsoka.

"This was actually, your great trial. Now we see that. We understand that the Force works in mysterious ways," Ahsoka crosses her arms, eyeing Mace as he speaks. "and because of this trial, you have become a greater Jedi, than you would otherwise." Said Mace Windu, as Ahsoka turns her gaze to her feet, feeling a bit of shame but also feeling quite proud for being called a greater Jedi.

"Back into the order, you may come, Padawan Tano." Master Yoda says happily looking up at Ahsoka.

"Their asking you back, Ahsoka." Anakin says, walking towards her, taking something from his pocket. Ahsoka looks up at the tall man curiously, not saying a single word. "I'm, asking you back." Anakin pleads, gently, handing Ahsoka her beaded Jedi head jewelry.

Ahsoka stares at the beaded chain for a few moments wondering weather or not to take it. She hesitated as she extended her arm to reach for it, her arm hovering over the palm of Anakin's hand. She looks into Anakin's eyes and she can tell that he wants her to stay. Anakin gives her a light smile, as Ahsoka stares at the beaded chain. She closes her eyes tight and realizes what decision she must make.

Ahsoka holds the back of Anakin's hand and closes it over the small beaded chain, as she exhales deeply, knowing what she must do. Anakin looks at her with hurt, and sorrow in his blue eyes. Ahsoka meets his gaze and says,

"I'm sorry Master." Ahsoka says in a hurt tone. Anakin gives her a saddened and hurt expression. "But, I'm not coming back." Ahsoka croaks, closing her eyes, trying not to let her eyes melt.

Ahsoka walks away from Anakin, not daring to look back at his heartbreaking expression. The doors slide open and she disappears through them. A tear quickly slides down Ahsoka's cheek as she walks down the corridors slowly.