Chapter 1

"Mom, why did we have to move?" You ask her.

"I told you already, sweetie pie. I found a better job and it'll help us in the long run."

You roll your eyes and stare blankly out of the window. You knew the real reason in the back of your mind. The happy couple you once knew, had been replaced with the broken pieces that once were a happy marriage.
Not only did it break up their marriage, it also broke your relationship with your father. All the happy memories were just that, memories. The time you lost your first tooth, your first birthday, even the time your family went to the beach for the first time. GONE. Not only did it drive you and your mom away from him, It drove both of you to the whole other side of the country. You had originally lived in New York, but you and your mother needed a change, so you went to L.A.

"We're here honey."

You get out of the car. The house was a two story house. It had a porch with a swing on it, a fenced in backyard, and a two car garage. The house was baby blue in color, but was chipping away. You go to the back of the black jeep.

"Here honey. Please take these bags to the doorstep."

"Ok." You say that as you roll your eyes.

You take as many bags as you can carry to the base of the steps. You wait for your mom to catch up to you. You both walk up the stairs in unison. Putting the bags down to reach for the keys, your mom finally finds them in her purse.

"Are you ready, sweetie?"

You nod your head. She puts the keys into the keyhole and turns it. The door swings open and you both gasp. Despite the outside looking shabby, the inside is pristine. A spiral staircase greets you as you walk in. To the left, the kitchen. You can tell that the owners before you, kept the house in good condition and updated it every once in a while. Marble counters, an island, top of the line equipment.

"WOW!" You both say in unison.

That's not the only thing that was kept in good condition and updated. The bathroom downstairs had a Victorian style bathtub, toilet, and a double vanity. And that wasn't even the master bathroom. You go back to the main area and go in the direction you haven't gone in. In there, is a living room fit for a king. Or in this case, a queen. A 55" flat screen tv sits on an oak wood entertainment center. A recliner sits parallel to the tv, perfect for seeing the whole screen. And a fireplace. Your old house never had a fireplace.

"This is amazing and we haven't even been upstairs. Are you ready honey?"

Once again, you nod your head.

You guys both walk up the spiral staircase. Once you reach the top step, your jaw drops to the ground. The second floor, somehow looks better than the first. You walk into the room in front of you.

"I call this room." You say.

The room is huge, but it's not the master bedroom. Your room has two windows with a view. Out of one, you can see the busy, bustling streets of L.A.. Out of the other, peaceful serene nature. You see deers feeding on the flora in the forest. You have a queen sized bed against the opposite wall of the windows. On a separate wall, your very own bathroom. Back at your old house, it had 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. This one had 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. In your bathroom, you have the same style tub as the one downstairs. The only difference, is instead of a double vanity, you have a single one.

After you explore the rest of the room, you go back out into the hallway. Once you're out there, your mom is nowhere to be seen. You go look in the other rooms until you find her in the master bedroom. This was furnished for the wealthiest of wealthy. A king sized bed, a 70" flat screen tv, and a desk with a mirror used for make up. You look at your mom. She's in tears.

"What's wrong, mom?"

"This is ours. We have our own house."

As she says this, you hug her and cry with her. You guys have been through a lot. After 10 minutes of crying, you go into the bathroom. A Jacuzzi tub, a waterfall shower and a double vanity.

"This is amazing!"

After seeing the upstairs, you guys both go downstairs. You both go outside, taking in the fresh air. You both look at the view. You both sigh in relief.

"This is ours."

Those words go through your head.

"This house is amazing, but what else does L.A. have to offer?"

This is the first chapter of many. If you guys like this, please vote and leave comments of what you thought of it.

If you're confused:
"The" a conversation that is said out loud.
"The" a thought that you think to yourself.