Fight of Stars

The Supergiants swept out of the room, Opale picked up her snowy hued robe and put a dainty hand on Rozario's shoulder. He leaned in surreptitiously, and her lips moved quickly, whispering something in his ear. Rozario smirked a little and turned to give me a curious glance, before guiding her out of the porcelain building.

"Great," I muttered, "I just graduated from college. Now I go back to school."

"So I take it you're going to enter the Games?" Lolli asked, wide eyed.

"What other options does she have?" snapped Carmine.

"She..can...I got nothing," Loli sighed in defeat. She turned to me, eyes shining, "We'll get you home, no matter that!" I glanced at Carmine who was looking away determinedly,

"It'll be easier for me, once you're gone."

I smiled, "Let's get this over with."

~~

I pushed through the white double doors of the Academy, wincing as the silver handles crashed into the pristinely white walls. All the buildings in the Meridian seemed to be made out of the same substance. It was translucent and pale white, like porcelain, but harder than steel. I rapped my knuckled on the wall and heard a small "ting", must be light weight as well. I mulled over the possibility of bringing it back to Earth before realization dawned on me.

I might never make it back.

A hard shove knocked me out of my reverie as Lolli dropped her shoulders and let me spiral into one of the lockers. Rubbing the left side of my body I growled,

"Thanks for that."

"You're welcome!" she chimed. I grimaced, "What's wrong with you? Who can be that cheerful in the morning?"

"Uuhh.." I turned around and almost jumped out of my skin. Carmine had appeared out of no where, her crimson hair was a mess and dark circles encased her eyes.

"That's more like it," I pointed at Carmine.

"More like what?" Carmine growled, I turned to face her again and my jaw dropped. Her skin was a perfect porcelain texture, not a sign of aging in sight. Her scarlet fell in tendrils around her face; the picture of beauty.

"H-how did you do that?"

"Do what?" she tossed her mane of scarlet hair.

"You just--just--" I pointed mutely to her hair and face.

"Look beautiful?" she replied smugly, "You're just created like this."

I glowered, but Lolli pulled me into a classroom and stopped me infront of a glowing clear seat.

"It's glowing," I pointed out, unsure if I should sit on it or not.

"Thank you Captain Obvious," Carmine snickered, "It's glowing for a reason."

"It studies your Bright levels and reflects it in the color: White being highest and Black being lowest," she turned to Carmine, "What were the levels again?"

Carmine looked around the room thoughtfully, "White, red, orange, green, blue, purple, black."

"What are you two?" I questioned.

"Carmine's... well, Red! And I'm orange," Lolli explained, giggling. "It's used by teachers to grade students."

I nodded slowly, and sat gently on the chair. It began to vibrate suddenly, and I had the earthly sensation of getting a cheap massage. I twisted my head around to take a look at the color, but it remained unfathomably white. I got up and sat down again, but the hue never changed.