Chapter 4

~ Involuntary ~ 

Beatriz

I looked up at her. What? Nakita niya raw sa bahay ni Nico?

"Nico's my ex. Pero wala na siya. Narinig mo naman sabi nila Jia diba?" She said with a bitter tone. Sobrang halata ng pagbabago sa mood ni Jho.

Okay naman kami kanina ah.

"Pero, yeah, hindi ako nagkakamali, I've seen this before." She said as she brought the book close to her face again.

"Those signs, symbols and incantations, yan nga yun!" She said with a bit of a gasp.

I observed the words that I couldn't understand. They looked like they were chants or some kind of spell. 

Jhoana then suddenly held her hand and observed it. Parang may hinahanap siya sa kamay niya. When she finally saw it nanlaki nanaman ang kanyang mga mata.

"Pero Jho, why would Nico have this? Ano, he was involve in some kind of voodoo practice? Witchcraft ganun?" I said with a hint of mocking tone and tease in my voice.

Sumeryoso naman ang mukha niya na para bang may nasabi akong mali.

"I have to go." She hurriedly gathered her things.

"But Jho, we have to finish some progress today for our project. Saka bakit ba?" Pag tatakang tanong ko sakanya.

"Bea, extra subject ko nalang naman si Mrs. Garcia. Hindi nga dapat ako nasa klase niya kasi dapat noong freshman palang ako nakuha ko na yung class diba?" She replied while still fixing her stuff.

"Tuloy natin next time. Mahaba naman ang sembreak. Masama lang talaga pakiramadam ko." And with that she left me confused.

Anong tinago ni Nico kay Jho?

Jhoana

What the hell?

Ano yun? Bakit may ganoon si Nico? Hindi ako makapaniwalang nagawa niya saakin yun. Bakit hindi ko manlang nahalata?

I looked around me and saw how dark it was already. Yan kasi, nag walk out pa ako kay Bea. Wala tuloy akong sasakyan papuntang Eliazo.

I adjusted my jacket since it was starting to get really windy. Malapit na magpasko. At ito ang unang paskong wala siya.

Napatingin naman ako sa likod nang may marinig akong kaluskos.

I was starting to get really scared and I slowly turned around to check who it was.

It was really dark and the streetlights were the only things that illuminated Ateneo's driveway.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips when I saw someone walking behind me. He was wearing a hood at nakayuko lamang.

Buti naman may kasama ako maglakad.

I walked normally again since malapit lapit naman na ako sa Eliazo. I was so tired because of training to the point that I was practically dragging my foot when I felt someone staring at me again. "Baka sasakyan lang."  I thought to myself. 

I looked at my side to check if a car was gonna pass by. I scooted to my right to give way for it but I waited and waited for a minute but no car passed by.

I finally looked at my side only to find the hooded person at the other side of the street, staring. 

Staring at me. 

I didn't wait for it to fully show its face. Scared was definitely an understatement. 

I ran as fast as I could to get away from that thing, whatever it was. As I was running I felt something, someone bumped into me.