#4

I threw the trash in a fire. My fate is my own. It shall not be controlled. The councilmen have no say. I will live.

I have been wandering through the woods. The city is not safe. There is a witch hunt. I shall not be burned. The children will not be spared. The foliage makes a cover from those that seek me. I am not visible among this life. This is an advantage to me in this moment. He is here. The hunter is here. Doing the job that he does best. They are expecting me to be here. They are expecting my fear. They are right. But they will not find it. I am strong. Much more than expected. I cannot be found. This is what I know.

Which is why I am confused by the hands which find their way to my shoulders. I am pulled up to my feet and spun. This is the time when I expect to look up into the face of a stranger. This is the time when I am supposed to accept my fate. But I find that it is the time when I look to that familiar face. The one from a few years back. The one that threatened me while assuring my protection. And now he is going to kill me. I am certain. I close my eyes. And I wait. Until there is no more.

When I come into being I am in heaven. There are bright lights shining through pure curtains. There are glistening polished surfaces. There are vintage joyful depictions. There are warm hearty scents. There are soft sheets and thick blankets. There is happiness and protection. I have no doubt I ended somewhere godly. This place is one that I would not mind defining as home.