Chapter 4

Refresh of Last Chapter:
"Can you just tell us how to fix the problem?" "I suppose. But it won't be easy." He said. "It never is." Leo mumbled sarcastically. "What was that?" Hades asked. "Nothing!" Leo said quickly. "Ok. Well, anyways, you're going to have to go through some dangerous, possibly traumatizing tasks, to keep your life from fading." "Yeah. Go figure. Like what?" Leo asked. "Tartarus." That was the only word that came out of Hades' mouth.

Piper's P.O.V.
Percy got a wild look in his eyes, and then just suddenly passed out. "Percy!" I barely caught him as he started to fall. "Get him some water." I said. "Here, I have one in my backpack." Leo said. He dug out a water and tossed it to me. I opened the water and dumped it on his face. He instantly shot upward and broke down in tears. "Percy, what happened?" I asked him. He was silent for a moment. "I can't go back there." He said, still sniffling. "He brought it up, and I started having flashbacks. Drinking from the river of fire. Controlling poison to save me and Annabeth. Nyx. How the ground was like his skin. And actually seeing Tartarus himself. I just can't do it." This was the first we've actually heard about what happened when he was in Tartarus. "Look Percy, I know I'm not Annabeth, but I'd be with you the whole way. And plus, we'd be prepared this time. The first time, you fell down there with nothing but Annabeth and your sword." I said. "Um, actually if you want to save your friend here, you would have to go immediately. I can feel his life force fading more quickly." Hades said. "He's right. I can feel it too. If we don't get down there now, he'll die. We don't have time to gather more supplies." Nico said. "Well, how do we even get down there?" I asked. I discovered later that I would regret asking that question. "Well, I can take care of that." Hades replied. He snapped his fingers and the next thing I knew, I dissolved into the shadows.