Chapter 6 : The Truth

The Truth

Tails’ house, kitchen, 10:02 a.m. (Third person P.O.V)

Everyone except the two strangers named Aleena and Circe as well as Shadow and Sonic, was eating breakfast while waiting for them to come down.

About 5 minutes later..

There was a few sounds of footsteps. They were getting close and closer by any seconds now. There they was. The owner of those footsteps…..It is…..

“Took you two long enough.” the red echidna said, slightly looking at the two as he continue his sentence. “Regardless, join us eat breakfast.”

“Well, I am super hungry….so let’s eat!” the blue hedgehog said happily.

“ In a sec.” the black hedgehog said as he’s looking at the dining table. Suddenly, he realised who was not here with us. It’s them. “Why aren’t they here yet?” he asked Knuckles while the blue blur already took his seat at the dining table as he ate what was right in front of him. That’s so typical of him.

“They said that they’ll be here in a moment. So….”

Suddenly, they were finally here.

“Well, speak of the devil….” Knuckles murmured silently, only to be heard by Shadow who is standing beside him while looking at them.

“Now that both of you are here, let’s eat breakfast first. Then, we get down to our business. Is that sounds good for both of you?” Shadow asked as they nodded their heads in unison.

A few minutes of eating later.

“Oh my gosh….I’m stuffed.” Sonic said happily. “Thanks for the food, Tails.” he thanked Tails with gratitude of the young one.

“You’re welcome, Sonic.” Tails said, slightly embarrassed of being praised by his hero. “ But now, let’s get serious. Introduce yourself.” he said seriously as he looked at both of them.

They took a deep breath before the black male hedgehog said. “ I’m Circe the Hedgehog. The King of Mobius. And this is my wife, Aleena the Hedgehog. The Magical Alchemist of Mobius. We left the throne for a hundred years was because of an ‘inconveniences’ happened in the past.”

“Why show up now? And what ‘inconveniences’?” Sonic asked as they have a sad expression on their face.

“We were searching for our sons….Fortunately, we found them.” he continued while glanced at me and Shadow.

“And who is that might be?” Sonic asked again.

“It’s both of you, you silly. Can’t you guess it?” the purple-ish female hedgehog joked named Aleena.

“You mean? You are my parents?! I thought you guys were dead...Uncle Chuck told me so. I-I don’t believe it!” Sonic shook his head in disbelief. “ After all these years of pain and misery, you dare to tell me that you are my biological parents? Who do you guys think you are, huh? You guys left me to suffer in this cruel world.” he said silently in pain and agony as he felt it was resurfaced from the depths of his heart. “ I understand the situation Shadow were in. Being in a deep slumber till he awaken by someone but you two...You did nothing...Where were you when I need you two?” he continued as he felt tears was forming in his eyes, waiting to be fall as he tried not to cry. But he can’t seem to hold his tears any longer. Thus, the tears has fallen as he continued. “Now, tell me, where were you guys this whole time?” he said while gritting his teeth and clenching his hands.

There was a very long silence. Everyone has been very silent since Sonic’s exclamation. They did not dare to speak up because they might get the situation more worse than it already is. But as always, Sonic was impatient as ever. The anger was boiling inside of him, waiting to be lashed out at any moment. His eyes were burning of anger but mostly was hatred. Alas, the fury was unleashed.