Trick or Treat

Credit: StockSnap / Pixabay.com

________________________________________

Laugh your heart out, dance in the rain,

Cherish the moment, ignore the pain.

Live, laugh, love, forgive and forget,

Life is too short to live with regret.

~ Unknown ~

___________________________________________

Swara walked out of the kitchen, onto the verandah and into Sanskaar's arms. As he held her, she broke down; she just could not stop her tears and neither did Sanskaar stop her. He just held her, a firm support and whispered to her to cry it all out, which she did. After some time, she finally stopped, pulled herself free from his arms and stood at a distance, staring at the skies above. Unable to watch her standing silent, Sanskaar walked over and said, "Swara, I am sorry. I never knew, never had a doubt that it was Laksh. If I did..." he stopped as Swara abruptly turned to him and placed a palm over his lips. "Enough, Sanskaar, you are not going to take blame for what happened to me, even if Laksh is your brother and you somehow think that as a big brother you are responsible."

She removed her palm and continued in a firm tone, "I had an equal role in that folly as Laksh and you do not allow me to blame myself. And how can you now go around feeling guilty for something you had no role in nor had any knowledge of? All these days you have been telling me that my foolish actions do not deserve the guilt I carried and the moment you come to know of his identity you start feeling guilty? Please, Sanskaar, as you said what is done is over and there is no point dwelling in the past..."

Sanskaar heard her for some more time till he decided that he had heard enough. He swiftly pulled her into his arms, broke into a slow grin and drawled, "Wow, what a transformation, my wet bedraggled kitten seems to have metamorphosed into the Bengal tigress that she should be." Swara held out her hands against him to stop herself from falling into him, narrowed her eyes and she glared at him as her speech had been cut short by Sanskaar's actions, which she soon realized was a mistake. There was no way she could pull herself away from his gaze; no way she could stop herself from giving in. Her mind hazily tried to remind her that she had requested him not to kiss her but her pounding heart simply drowned her thoughts as she slowly starting sinking into his arms.

Sanskaar tried to hold back, he remembered that he had given her a promise of sorts; that he would not kiss her, a promise which his heart was now lustily protesting; the fact that Swara was willingly melting in his arms gave him all the impetus he needed. He raised a hand to her neck, his fingers tangling in her silky hair as he gently held her head and her expectant gaze destroyed all his resolve. He leaned down and covered her mouth with his.

Sanskaar kissed her gently at first, then with greater pressure. Swara sank into him and wrapped her arms around his neck, curling her fingers through the thick strands that rested against his neck. With a rough gasp, his hand went around the small of her back, pulling her tightly against him. Swara could feel his heart racing, flush against her own and gave a small cry of surprise against his mouth as he brushed his hand across her cheek, running his finger softly along her jawline to her ear. As Sanskaar deepened the kiss, she gave up her feeble attempts at resistance and completely submitted to him.

__________________________________________________________

Ragini stayed in the corner of the kitchen still upset with the revelations. She knew could see that Laksh was bewildered and would soon try to speak to her, though she dreaded hearing him, she also knew that she had to talk to him, there were a lot of things left unsaid, which she had to tell him and she took a step towards him.