1

Hey there! Here's the first chapter. Hope you like it.😊

**********************************

Blake

It was a usual night for me as I as trying to get some sleep by reading my history book. I had school tomorrow and it was 3 am already. But sleep was never my friend, I always had trouble sleeping, not that I have insomnia or anything, the problem started a few years ago when I was 9, my dad used to tuck me in bed and read me bedtime stories until I fell asleep. But after he died everything changed and I couldn't sleep and I just used to be immersed in his memories.

Suddenly I heard soft sobs, like someone was trying to suppress them by stuffing their face in a pillow. I listened some more and figured it was coming from the window. I stood up and walked towards it. The sobs were still there only I could hear them a little clearly now.

I realized it was coming from the house next to ours. They were new and had only moved here today. Their house was identical to ours only it was mirrored. So the room next to mine was hunter's. But he doesn't seem to be the crying types rather the type who makes people cry.

I walked toward my desk, pickup my phone and dial his number. I got his number in the morning when mom sent me to greet them with cookies.

I walk back to the window and open it and lean against it. I hear the dial tone and he picks up on the 5th ring.

"Hello? Who is this?" His voice was hoarse from crying or sleeping I can't tell.

"Umm... Hi it's Blake your neighbour..." I trailed off not knowing what to say.

"Oh hi what happened? did you want something?"

I hear some shuffling on the line and a few seconds later he comes to the window, opens it and ends the call. His eyes are bloodshot and he is shirtless.

"Well.. I heard sobs and figured it was you......" I trailed off not knowing what to say.

"Yeah, sorry I woke you up." He said scratching the back off his neck.

"Oh no problem."

He nods looking down.

"Want to talk about it?"

His head shots up. " Huh?"

"You want to talk about it? You were crying right?"

"Yeah, No I am all right just gonna sleep now. Thanks."

"Well I am right here if you want to talk"

"Aren't you gonna sleep?"

"Nah! I can't sleep even if I read my history book"

He chuckles "See you around"

"Yeah bye" I said.

He shuts his window as I shut mine. I walk back to my bed and wait for sleep to overcome me.

************************************