2

Blake

I slam my locker shut after taking my books out and start making my way towards my next class. The hallway is full of chatter as friends talk to each other before class. 

I spot hunt with his group of friends, its just been 2 days since he shifted here and he's already popular with lots of friends. And here i am with basically no friends after living my whole life in this town. Well, but hunt is only popular because the school's player is his cousin.

I pass by his group and hunt and I make eye contact, i quickly look down and speed walk to my class.

I get to my class and look for an empty seat. There are only 2 seats left, one in the front row and the other at the back with the class clowns. I groan and plant my ass on the first seat.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I make my way out of class as the bell rings. Its lunch break right now so I start walking towards the cafeteria.
I bump into someone and I quickly mutter up a sorry.

"Hey" a voice says and i look up to the person. My eyebrows shoot up as i notice its hunt.

"H-hi" I reply.

"Thanks for the cookies and...." He trails off."...checking up on me that night". He looks around not making eye contact.

I nod "No problem it was a welcome gift from mom"

"They were delicious" he says.

I smile not knowing what to say.

"Soo..? You going to the cafeteria rn?" He asks.

"Yeah" i nod.

"Me too let's go together" he says as he starts walking.

I hesitate but then catch up with him.

We walk silently to the cafeteria. When we enter the noisy room full of teenagers, I make my way towards the line and hunt walks towards his table.

I take my food and sit down on my usual bench in the far corner of the cafeteria.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I make my way towards the big double doors which led towards the parking lot. The second i step outside i hear loud laughs coming from a group of boys. The parking lot is nearly empty and I scan it for my car. Which is when i realise mom dropped me off today as i had a flat tire.

"Fuck" I'll have to walk home now. Its not far but i hate walking.

I start walking home, earphones plugged in when i hear a honk. I look back and its hunt. 

He rolls down his window and says

"Hey come on I'll drop you home"

"No thanks its okay I can walk"

"We're literally neighbours, come on"

"Thank you but i wanna walk" i smile.

He hesitates but then says "As you wish" and drives off.

I start walking and reach in 10 minutes as its was only a block away.

I unlock the door noticing no one is home. Mia is probably at cheerleading practice i think.

I make my way upstairs to my room, drop my bag by my desk and flop on the bed face first.

************************************