Chapter 42 pt 2: Operation Perfection

(Megan POV)

"Ow! Oi, blondie, do you fucking mind?" I growled at my captor, feeling the grip he had on my neck tighten.

"This is your own fault. Disobedience is guaranteed to be punished." He told me blankly.

"I WAS NEVER OBEDIENT TO YOU--!"

"And that's exactly why you've been suffering so much!"

I stared at him in disbelief "Would you just let a bunch of crazy people run tests on you and treat you like some sort of LabRat?!"

"If I was one of you, then yes. I'd accept that there is no place for an Artemus in this world, and I'd be willing to take the responsibility of my father's sins!" Aries snarled, slamming and pinning me against a wall "Your family is a spiteful, parasitic, pointless use of space on earth! The only good you can do is help us fix the world! You're purpose is to finish what your bastard of father started!"

His breath was ragged, and his eyes were clouded with pain and rage as tears slowly fell from them. I stared up at him, mouth fallen agape and lip quivering as I had watch him slowly lose his composure in front of me. I knew that face. It was the face I had seen on myself so many times before. He was lost, and he was hurting. The hatred he had for my family was clear. The hatred he had for my father was clear.

I began to piece everything together.

"Who was it?"

His eyebrows furrowed further "The hell are you--"

"Who did you lose to my father's twisted experiments?" I asked him, my face solemn.

"HA! You seriously think I'm doing this for revenge? You seriously think I've lost someone to Benjamin Artemus?!" He cackled, his grip tightening on my wrists as his icy blue eyes pierced through me. However, I didn't falter.

"No." I replied softly "I know you have. It's clear in your eyes."

His laughter stopped, and he leaned in so our faces were inches apart "Don't you dare pity me, Artemus. If it weren't for you, I'd still have my Grampa. You have no idea what I went through once that article came up on the news. You have no idea the pain I felt when my parents got that phone call saying he was gone! You have no idea how it feels to see your grandfather's dead body on a bed, mangled and deformed with his very own Ampharos!" He stopped, taking both of my hands in one of his so he could wipe his eyes "I lost someone important to me, in the most agonizing way possible! BECAUSE OF THE ARTEMUSES! AND NOW, THEY'LL ALL BE VICTIMS TO THE RESULT OF THEIR WORK!"

Poor boy...

I clenched my jaw, feeling his pain radiating through my body As I whispered "I'm sorry. I wish I could've helped you."

In an instant I was clawing at his hands as they gripped my throat, wincing in pain at the suffocating pressure.

"Shut. Up." Aries spoke coldly, causing a chill to run up my spine. He threw me onto the floor, earning a gasp from me. "You're not sorry. You're just like him."

"Aries, that's enough." A familiar voice called from down the hall, and Capricorn emerged from the shadows "We don't want you spilling too much information on her, she hasn't met the boss yet."

(Green POV)

"So many halls!" I groaned, throwing my head back and gripping my hair with my hands. Red sighed next to me, still keeping an eye out for the door we were looking for. Or for any scientists. I don't get how he can be so calm through all this. Heck, I don't think there's been a time when he's not calm.