TFW x non binary reader - coming out

Hello hunters. I'm writing this because I just realised that even though most of my chapters don't include any pronouns for the reader, many of them still do and almost all of them suggest a female/feminine reader. I just want you to know that no matter if you're a guy, gal, neither, both, or anything in between - you're part of this story. This chapter will be written as if though the reader is thought to be a female and prefers gender neutral pronouns.

You're pacing back and forth in your bedroom in the bunker, biting your nails and wondering how the hell you're going to tell them. Telling your best friends you're gay? That would have been hard enough. Explaining this? Ugh. But you have to yell them. But how? "Hey. How are you? Oh btw I'm not a chick like you're always thought and I'm not a dude either." Great y/n, well said. That'll be fucking fantastic. Ugh.
You keep pacing back and forth for several minutes, just wondering how to do it. "Screw it I'm just gonna tell them." You mutter to yourself.
"Tell them what?". You jumped and turned around to see Castiel with his head tilted sideways, a confused look on his face. "Oh, hey Cas. Didn't hear you coming." You say nervously. He looks at you and gives you a faint smile. "Whatever you want to tell us, cause I'm assuming this involves your favourite angel, we'll understand. You know, as long as you're not a traitor or something." He says. You smile at him, and say thanks. He leaves and you can hear him walk down the stairs and in the direction of the library. "Here goes nothing..." you say and sigh loudly. God, this is scarier than dealing with vampires. Those blood suckers are just annoying.
Your footsteps echoe when you step into the library and place yourself next to the table where Sam is sitting with a book, across fro Cas. "There she is." Cas says with his calm voice. "Actually..." you answer and take a deep , shaky breath. "I want to talk to you, all of you. "Of course y/n, hold on. " Sam says and then puts his hands to his mouth. "Dean, get your butt in here!" He says with a raised voice. After a few seconds, Dean comes in with a beer in his hand. "What?" He asks, slightly annoyed. "I was making a sandwich, and a damn good one too. This better be important." He stares at Sam, who tilts his head in your direction, indicating for Dean to look at you. "I need to talk to you." You say and gesture for him to sit down. You keep standing up at the end of the table, just in case it becomes too much for you to handle. They're all looking at you with curiosity sparkling in their eyes. You take a few seconds to compose yourself before you can say it to the world. "I'm...." you start to say and then feel the lump in your throat. No, y/n, you can't cry, you tell yourself. "I'm non binary. " you say, looking down at your feet, holding back the tears. Silence. Nothing. You look up at them and see that they're still looking at you with curiosity. Several seconds pass before Cas breaks the silence "What does that mean?" He asks. You swallow the lump and answer him. "Well it means that you're either not female nor male, or you're both. No matter the biology of your body." They look at you for a few seconds, processing this information. You're so close to tears, your eyes are watering. What if this is the end of our friendship? What if I have to hunt alone from now on, what will I do? Where will I go? These goofballs are all I have. "Y/n..." Sam finally says. He stands up and walks over to you, with his sad puppy face. He puts his hands on your shoulders and then pulls you into a tight hug. "We love you no matter what. No matter who you are or who you have been." He says. You put your arms around him. You smile into his chest, probably getting his shirt wet from the tears of relief that spill from your (y/e/c) eyes. He lets go of you, takes a step back and looks right into your eyes with a big smile on his face. When he moves away from you, you see thet Dean and Castiel have both come up to you as well. Dean just looks at you, he looks like he's going to cry too. He wraps you into a big hug and you burrow your face into his chest. He doesn't say anything, but you know what he's thinking. He's thinking everything you want to hear. That he understands, that he supports you, that he loves you. His silence tells you all you need to hear. When you pull away from each other, Dean takes a step back and stands next to Sam. You turn to Cas. Being an angel, hugs aren't really his thing. But he gives you one anyways. He pulls you in and says "we love you y/n. We always have and we always will." Before letting go of you. "Thank you Cas. I love you guys too, you say and look at Dean and Sam. "So if you're non binary, what pronouns do you want us to use?" Cas asks. Cas is so simple. If he has a question, he just asks. He doesn't know what human awkwardness feels like. "I want you to try to use gender neutral pronouns, which is they/them. I won't be mad if you use the wrong terms, cause I know it'll take a while to get used to, but try your best." You say and smile. You lift your arm up and wipe your wet cheeks from the remaining moisture the tears brought. Cas smiles at you, and you turn your head to look at Sam and Dean, and they're both smiling. "Our little girl is growing up so fast." Dean says. Sam elbows his ribcage. "PERSON. I mean person. " Dean half yells. "Wait that doesn't sound right.." you laugh at him, watching him think. You can almost hear his brain hard at work. "Our little... hunter." He says and smiles, proud of himself. "Our little hunter is growing up so fast." He says and Sam shakes his head.

You're damn right I'm a hunter.