Chapter Five: Inferno

Author's Note: I have returned! This is just a note informing everyone that the Justice League story has been released early

Author's Note: I have returned! This is just a note informing everyone that the Justice League story has been released early. It obviously follows Victor and Harper after this story, so it will not be finished until this one is complete. Still, there are two chapters up if you're interested in getting started. Don't forget to add it to your reading list so that you're informed when I finally start updating it. <3
----------------

Victor wasn't sure how he ended up on the floor of Titans Tower. It had happened too quickly to comprehend. There was a break-in, and his sensors had been alerted of it, but the rest of the new Titans were away on separate missions. This left only Cyborg to investigate the issue.

Technically speaking, he was a part of the Justice League now... but he would always have a soft spot for the Titans. It was the origin of his fight against crime. It was also where he had met his first friends since the accident that left him mostly cybernetic; Robin, Beastboy, Starfire, and Raven.

Initially, Cyborg had suspected that the intruder was an intellectual. After all, he had created the defences himself. It would take a lot of brain power, and access to expensive technology, to override his security systems... However upon arriving he quickly realised that this wasn't the case. The enemy had simply torn right through the ceiling, and then knocked him off his mechanical feet.

His human eye took a few more seconds to focus than the other did, but as his surroundings finally fell back into view, he realised that he had rushed into a fight that he had no chance of winning. Floating above him was Starfire's older sister... Komand'r, or more commonly known as Blackfire.

Her hair flowed down her back like black paint of a tilted canvas, it had volume that humans could only achieve with an intense perm. Her eyes were fox-like and had an icy greyish green hue like the first sprouts of plants in the snow - freezing every living thing it spotted. Physically, she looked very much like her sister Koriand'r, but the slight differences somehow made her more ominous.

That even extended to the inherited strands of hair that engulfed into flame at the ends, at least on Starfire they did. Blackfire's hair, instead, appeared like molten lava hidden beneath the cracked Earth's surface. You could see the red singes where fire might light, but all it did was glow threateningly.

"Cyborg, was that what they called you?" She smirked ominously. "It has been a while."

Victor gritted his teeth, a metallic sound resonating from the stiff movements of his shoulders. Him and the old Titans team had defeated her years ago (and he wasn't afraid to admit that Starfire did most of the work), and the last he had heard she was locked in some intergalactic prison.

"What do you want?" Cyborg snapped, forcing his body up with a loud 'clank'.

"What is rightfully mine." Komand'r answered without a hint of hesitation. "To rule."