Chapter Six: Through The Debris

Titans tower was in shambles

Titans tower was in shambles. There was a hole in almost every wall, and everything from Raven's bedroom to Beast Boy's video game collection was completely destroyed. Victor and Harper had already started to clear out the rubble (with a little help from one of Harper's many robots, model name: Val) when the team returned, and although this was their home, none of them seemed too surprised about the damage.

"Aww, man." Beast Boy whined, running a green hand through his unruly hair and staggering towards his pile of shredded comic books. "I'd only just started getting my collection back the way it was..."

Raven, who could be seen floating in the background, had an aura of darkness that sparked around her entire body. It was obvious that she was angry about the destruction of her room, but it had been happening so often of late that she could do nothing but sulk.

"Who was it this time?" Nightwing asked curiously. He wasn't an exclusive member of the Titans, but he still assisted them every now and then; much like Cyborg. Though they had both left to pursue a different path, the Titans would always be a part of who they were.

"It was my sister." The unmistakable voice of Starfire punctured the air. She had returned with only a few scrapes and a burn mark on her right shoulder. "I apologise for the mess she has made. I do not know how she keeps escaping the Arxis."

Harper inched closer to Victor, almost uncomfortably so, and whispered "Am I meant to know what this 'Arxis' thing is?"

"It's an intergalactic prison on the planet Celdon." Victor quickly informed her, though he was fairly certain that this information still wouldn't help her to understand fully.

"Oh, space stuff? Okay, not my area of expertise."

"What a surprise." Victor retorted blandly. Harper was an intelligent woman, no one could debate that, but she was also part of a military group for many years. It made sense that she would have been dealing with threats closer to home, rather than hunting down alien life forms.

Nightwing had been quick to comfort Starfire, and then he swiftly centred his attention back on Victor and the woman that he was with. "New friend, Vic?"

"She's not a friend." Cyborg stated bluntly. Though Harper raised a dark eyebrow at this quick retort, she didn't appear the least bit offended. "She's a new League member."

Though Nightwing's eyes were covered by a black domino mask, his confusion was immediately obvious. "Really? I've never seen her before..."

"I ain't from around here." She shrugged, knowing that her strong accent was a dead giveaway. "Name's Harper Reid, Australian military. Code name; Hyperion."

Nightwing nodded, but it wasn't difficult to tell that he didn't entirely trust Harper. She suspected that he probably put his faith in very few people, and a complete stranger wasn't going to be one of them. "Cool. I'm not telling you my name."