fake boyfriend?

y/n finished her calculus homework while everyone was starting to finish theirs. "hey y/n." beverly started. "i think i have a plan on making stan jealous." the three looked up quickly at their friend, signaling that they're listening and for her to continue. "well this plan it involves two people, and i'm thinking bill can be that second person." she added. bill raised his eyebrows at his friend. "well i'm thinking you guys can fake date, just for a little bit."

"beverly that's a stupid plan." y/n said.

"but stan looked upset when bill had his arm around your shoulders. he's already jealous. if you guys are "dating", then he'll be even more jealous and drop sammy." she said, emphasizing the dating part.

the girl looked up at bill, and he gave her a small sweet smile. "i'm up to it if you are." he said, not shuttering once. she returned the smile.

"okay bill, i'm down," she said switching her gaze to beverly and richie.

"okay then, bill you just have to ask her out in front of stan after school," beverly said with a toothy grin.

the two nodded. "thanks bill, it really means a lot." y/n said.

"of course, y/n. i would do anything for my friend," he replied, again not stuttering once, while pulling her into a side hug.

richie leaned over to beverly, putting a hand over his lips as he started whispering in her year. "watch it, they're actually going to be dating after a few months. bet." he snickered at his own comment.

beverly joined him. "you know, i wouldn't complain if they did." she said, whipping an imaginary tear.

the bell rang through the school, causing most of the class to leave. one last period until bill and y/n officially fake dating.

-

the last period seemed to drag on, y/n was just excited to see the look on stan's face. however, a part of her thought that he wouldn't care. he wouldn't care that one of his closest friends like another close friend. he wouldn't give two shits about it and that he's really in love with sammy. and that made her mad. oh so mad.

beverly looked down at her paper and then at y/n's. "y/n, you didn't even draw a line on your paper." she said softly, allowing a chuckle to leave her lips.

y/n tapped her pencil on the desk. "my mind is somewhere else."

"the plan will work, it's a great plan. don't worry," beverly said placing her delicate hand on her shoulder.

"as long as you say so," she said starting to draw on her blank piece of paper. hopefully, it goes well.

-

the two girls walked out of the doors of derry highschool. stan would usually walk with them since they're classes were next to each other, but he's with his girlfriend. the girls just talked and talked. they talked about random topics, and even about senior prom coming up in less than three months.

"hey you should go to prom with bill," beverly said with a soft smile.

prom with bill? well, we are fake dating, if the plans go on for that long then, maybe i guess. "maybe, it's a maybe." y/n replied looking at her friend.

the two made it to the bike racks where the losers like to meet up. a few of the losers still ride their bikes due to not having enough money for a car or their parents simply didn't want their child using their car. which is understandable.

"hey guys." the girls said unison. eddie, ben, mike, richie, bill, and stan all said "hey." y/n looked over at stan's direction seeing sammy have her arms wrapped around stan's torso with a small plastered on her face. the girl mentally gagged and looked at the rest of the group.

"hey uh, y/n in-need to ask you s-something." bill said looking down at her. his breathing hitched once he realized that all of his friends are watching.

"yes, bill?" she said a soft smile plastered on her pink lips.

"w-will you do the honors of b-being my girlfriend?" he asked, with hope in his eyes. y/n wondered why he was so good at acting.

"of course bill," she said before she can pull him into a hug, bill brought two tulips from behind his back. he knew it was her favorite flower. "bill, you didn't need to do this." she said shaking her head a little bit, a smile still shown on her face.

"it's f-fine, even though i h-had to skip my last class for it." he chuckled, and so did others. she glanced at her friends to see them smiling like idiots. it looked like they were happy and proud. then arms started embracing her, it was bill hugging her. the ends of her lips twitched upward. sending her new "boyfriend" a soft smile that showed her dimples. she soon wrapped her arms around his torso as they shared a hug.

the group clapped, some congrats on the "new couple" as the two shared a hug. the two pulled away, bill's arm draping over y/n's shoulder. she looked over at stan's face, she caught him already staring. he stared with so much hatred that she had never seen so much before. y/n was the first to break away from eye contact. a few talked before some had to leave to go home.

"hey bill, do you want me to drive you home?" she asked as they walked over to her car. the car was a little beat up, considering it used to be her mom's but it works like brand new.

"if that's fine w-with you." bill said smiling as usual.

"we can also go down the diner to get some shakes, my treat," she said, excitedly.

"excuse me, my t-treat. i'm the mah-man in the relationship," he said a chuckle leaving his lips. his dimples showing up.

"fine, if you're the man in the relationship. would you like to drive?" she asked once they made it to her car.

"it would be an h-honor," he said taking the keys away from her fingertips. they both got inside the car, putting their backpacks in the backseat. ready for their trip ahead of them.