*•.¸♡ Chapter 1: It Crumbles ♡¸.•*

**3rd Person POV**

Jimin groggily woke up to the bright blinding lights above him. To him, they almost seemed to resemble the sun itself even though the warmth was not felt. He registered a strange smell in his nose, a smell that reminded him of a sterilized hospital. His body was next, and it felt as if his whole being had been crashed into the pavement over and over with an extreme amount of force. The painful memories of it all began to come back slowly. From the time he had breakfast to the time he excitedly entered the car.

The night before he had spent all night dancing rather than sleeping, he had practiced a new choreography he had been working on for around four days. During the day he lazily slept in almost every class of his until he was released from school. It was an inexplicable feeling to wake up in a strange room. It was as if the pain took the form of a giant brick that sat on his chest. It suffocated him enough to leave him speechless but not enough to kill him. The pain made him want to die.

━━━━━ « » ━━━━━

*Earlier The Night Prior*

Jimin sat in the car comfortably, watching the sunset in the distance and the sky swirl in a mixture of light purple and a dark orange. He felt his phone buzz in his pocket and he immediately answered, it was his friend Kim Taehyung. 'Will you be able to sneak off later tonight? Jin hyung is asking because he wants to cook dinner tonight and wants to make enough.' The text read in bright blue on the phone's screen.

The front car doors opened and both his parents got into the car. Jimin couldn't wait to get to their summer home. This would be the last summer he spent with his parents, after all, he would be going to Bangtan, a prestigious performance academy. This particular school was extremely difficult to get into because only the most talented were admitted. His friend Kim Seokjin was already in his last year while Taehyung and Jimin were going into their first year. 'Yes, I definitely can. I will probably be a little late' he replied quickly, thumbs almost on fire from how fast he had typed.

His mother glanced back curiously and Jimin put his phone away reluctantly. ¨Are you excited? We haven't been camping in such a long time," his mother gushed happily, clasping her hands and looking forward as Jimin's father pulled out of the driveway and began driving in the direction of the forest where they would be camping. First, they would have to travel an hour to their destination.

"Yeah..." Jimin lied, looking out his window and watching the houses blur by. He played a little game to see how many houses he could count well before they would blur away and be left behind him. After a while he stopped, finding it too difficult to keep track of it all. Now his thoughts wandered back to how he would escape his parents without them realizing he was gone from the campsite.

The ride was by no means a quick one, it would take an hour to get there and the fact Jimin had something to look forward to with his friends made the ride all that much slower. His father stopped at an intersection where a light brightly illuminated the small portion of the gray poll red. Jimin pulled out his phone and began playing a video game as an attempt to distract himself. The light turned green and Jimin's father stepped on the accelerator to begin moving forward.

As the car was in the middle of crossing bright white lights lit the side of their car. Jimin barely had time to look to his left when he heard the tires screech along the road to their left. His eyes widen and everything seemed to be going in slow motion. The car had driven into their and pushed them over a small cliff to their right. Both cars had fallen and rolled until they crashed into the slanted trees below. Jimin began coughing up blood, he was unable to feel his legs that had been crushed by the seat in front of him and the side of the metal door.

He looked up and saw his mother passed out and his father barely conscious, also coughing up blood. Then he noticed why his mother had been unconscious. The thick branch from the slanted tree had somehow driven through the car and struck his mother. She was bleeding a lot. Jimin reached out to her weakly "mom..." he whispered before his head began spinning and his whole world went black.

━━━━━ « » ━━━━━

Jimin felt numb, his heart ached as if someone had reached inside and was squeezing as hard as they could until they saw the tears come to life in his eyes. His cries were silent at first but became louder and pain filled. A painful cry that would send chills down anyone's back and tug at other's heartstrings of sympathy. How wold crumbled that day. It all fell apart. In his head, he hoped they were alive but in his heart, he felt the deep empty void, a kind of sixth sense that told him the only flesh and blood he had left were gone from this earth.

A nurse walked in quickly with the doctor, and when they saw Jimin try to get up they stopped him. "I have to see my parents! Let me see my parents! Mom! Dad!" Jimin cried, pushing against the nurse and the doctor. He managed to push the nurse away but when he tried to stand up pain erupted all over as he hit the ground. His legs did not move at all. He kept trying to get them to move but was unable to.

That's when he realized that his legs were in casts, and not only that but even after having fallen off the bed onto his broken legs he did not feel pain from them. He sat up, leaning on the bed and he began hyperventilating as the realization dawned on him like a seagull swooping down on its prey and ripping away his dreams. A soft whisper in his heart told him he would not be able to move them at all. It didn't take long for the nurse and the doctor to lift him and put him back in the bed Jimin did not struggle anymore. He had lost all his energy.

"Where are my parents? Why can't I feel my legs?" Jimin asked tiredly, looking at the doctor. The doctor noticed the light in Jimin's eyes that he had seen earlier when he had been determined to see his parents and go to them was gone. It was as if the will inside Jimin had flown off, been swept away by the wind like a scarf or an important piece of paper that would never return, at least not for long, long time.

"I'm so sorry-" the doctor began and Jimin already knew where he was going just by hearing those heart-shattering words. "We did all we could but too much damage had occurred to your mother. Your father suffered a major injury to his brain during the accident and his brain is unresponsive and unable to continue its functions, he is clinically dead," that was enough for Jimin to break completely like a crystal vase would into a million tiny pieces. The grief was strong and he felt as if he were looking down an endless abyss in the dark. "As for your legs, you have paraplegia. It is a type of paralysis that causes a substantial impairment in movement. You suffered some spinal cord injuries which required surgery when you arrived. It is rare for patients with this to recover but not impossible and definitely not spontaneous whatsoever" the doctor explained thoroughly.

Jimin had stopped listening after that, he would never be able to dance again from what he understood. It's rare enough for recovery and Jimin did not feel the strength to try at all. Not then and he felt that he would never be able to regain his strength.