Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Xavier

I wake with a groan, last nights conversation stuck in my head. What does Seth mean by "I don't know"? Does he not know the difference between family love and love love. Probably not, considering his mother isn't the best mother. His dad tries but Maditha pushes him away from his own children. Maybe he'll find out sooner or later, hopefully sooner because drama gives me a headache.

Speaking of headaches, I groggily walk to my bathroom and get my cocodimals from under neath the sink. I use to have paracetamol but they weren't strong enough to stop my headaches.

I look into my mirror and for once, smile at myself. I'm not that bad looking, I guess. If I have two people liking me I'm obviously not bad looking ... right? I sigh and shake my head, my thoughts are going to go to dark places and that's not a good thing to do in the morning or anytime, actually.

I walk back into my room, wondering why my alarm didn't go off, only to see it broke on the floor. Oh yeah, whoopsie. Giggling to myself, I walk up to my closet and stand in front of it for a bit. I feel pretty today so I'll wear my pretty clothes. Yeah. I grab a pair of dark navy ripped jeans, a white long sleeve top and a grey and neon green jumper. To top it off I grap my brown booties that have a heel with black trainer socks.

Putting the clothes on I roll the bottom of the jeans up, grab my rose gold watch and run to the bathroom to see how I look.

Not too bad.  I wonder what Nathan and Max will think. Will they like it? Will they accept the fact that I like to wear pretty clothes sometimes? Of course they will, they're my mates. And you have to admit, I do look good. Very good.

I run my hands through my hair, nothing can be done to tame it. My ears twitch as I touch them. So soft.

I leave my room after doing my bed and finally picking up the destroyed alarm clock. What to do, what to do? It's 8:30 in the morning and most of the house is up, the children at school and some at work or where ever they go in the day. I can't wait to see my boys- I mean Max and Nathan. They're hot, like really hot. They have nice everything, nice eyes, nice smiles, nice chests-

"I am so sorry," I apologise to who ever I ran into and fell on my ass in front of, looking up to see a shocked Max with a...drooling..? Nathan behind him. Oh fuck no. It's too early for this.

"Xavier?" Max asks as soon as he gets out of the weird trance he was in, helping me get up.

"Yep, that's me." I feel my cheeks heat up and my tail swings happily as they look me up and down.

"I love your thighs!" Nathan exclaims, quite flamboyantly might I add, whilst walking closer to me and Max.

"Uh, um, th-thanks.." I manage to get out. These two will definitely be the death of me.

"Not to sound rude but why are you wearing girls clothes?" Max asks, but doesn't sound judging at all, just curious, and smiles at me.

"Well, uh, somedays I feel pretty and well, you know, I wear clothes that make me feel pretty, I guess. Is that okay?" I stutter out, get a hold of yourself Xavier, wolf up.

"Of course that's okay, because damn you pull those off way better than most girls." Nathan pulls me to the kitchen while saying this, and once again my face is a fire truck. Ugh. Stupid mates. Stupid face.

We eventually get to the kitchen and only a few people are in there; Gregory, Scye and Seth, their dad and his mate and Uncle.

"Damn Zaddy." Scye whistles as we walk in.

"Oh shut up." I squeak out as Uncle passes me my food.

"You look great, X." Uncle notes, gaining a nod in thanks from me, before returning to whatever he was doing beforehand, probably all the things I'm meant to be doing. Sigh.

"So, Xavier -" Gregory starts while smacking his hands down on the table and scaring the living daylights out of everyone-"what are we doing for your birthday?"

"I don't know...sleep?"

"Xavier. There is no-" Seth throws his hands in the air-" way in the world I am letting you sleep on your 18th birthday while your mates will wait for you." Okay. Damn. A tad bit controlling.

“Shopping?” I quiz.

“Hm. I don't think no one wants that. I do, others not so much.” Seth sighs sadly.

“Fine, what else is there to do on my birthday.”

“Party!!” Scye squeals out. Are. You. Kidding. Me.

“No-” I stand-”No party!”

“And why not?” Scye pouts.

“You know I don't like them… at all.”

“Please? You're turning 18! You're going to be able to feel your mate bond.” He does have a point.

“Okay, fine, but, there's has to have a theme. And I choose it.” I smile proudly as I sit. I will enjoy this.

“Ooohhh! Yes. What theme?” Greg pipes in.

"Formal... slutty theme." I say, loud and proud making a few people choke on their food. Hehe whoops.

"Really? Fuck yes!" Max laughs at Nathan's enthusiasm.

"Where'd you get that idea from?" Greg tilts his head like a puppy and asks.

"My brothers. Both of them are sexual and they want the party." Septimus shakes his head with a laugh.

"Fair enough."

A comfortable silence blankets the room as everyone eats, the occasional clinking of forks against plates and Uncle, Septimus, Max and Nathan's heavy breathing.

Seth coughs slightly and starts choking on his bacon. Scye imminently starts smaking his back whilst laughing, and Greg giggles lightly on the other side of him.

"Are you okay, Seth?" I ask but suprised to see a blush form on his cheeks. He's getting weirder and werider.

"I'm- I'm okay, just, um, wrong pipe." He stutters over his words and blushes heavier when Greg starts belly laughing. Holy shit, that's one beautiful laugh. Fuckin' end me.

"A slutty-formal party? I can't wait." Zaél says, scaring the shit out of me because I forgot he was there.

I sigh, "neither can I."