This Potion Should Have a Warning Label

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima

Chapter 12: This Potion Should Have a Warning Label

Lucy and Erza arrived in Malba City in the late evening. They made their way back to the inn where they had stayed on their last visit and checked into a room. Erza had calmed down somewhat but was still not talking very much. They entered their room and Erza went into the bathroom to take a shower. As soon as she was done she requipped into some pajamas and lay down on her bed facing the wall.

Lucy decided to wait until the morning to try to force her to talk. She hoped that having a plan they could execute in the morning would help bring her friend back to herself. She was not used to seeing Erza this way and it was very unsettling. She once again thought regretfully about how she had behaved with Loke and hoped that she could repair the damage she had done. She knew he was furious. Loke and Gray had been very good friends before she had joined Fairy Tail and she knew from experience how loyal he was to his friends. That's why she had sent him away before he could find out what she and Erza had done. She hoped with all her heart that when this situation was resolved they could all still be friends.

As soon as the sun came out Erza was ready to head to the magic shop where she had purchased the potion. Lucy tried to persuade her that it would not be open yet but Erza insisted on standing guard in case Fuyu happened by. She needed to feel like she was doing something. Lucy let her go and promised to meet her later.

Erza immediately left the inn and quickly reached her destination. She stood outside and observed her surroundings, willing the mage she was looking for to appear before her. She did not know what she was hoping for exactly. Even if she found something to counteract the effects of the potion she would have to tell Natsu and Gray what she had done. There was no way around that. She had always meant to tell them but she had never expected the effects to be so severe. She thought back to all the years they had spent together, all the memories they had created for themselves and her soul ached.

She didn't know how close Natsu and Gray had become in the last two weeks but she knew it would be almost impossible for them to go back to the way they were. It would be painful and uncomfortable, probably embarassing as well. She had also probably destroyed the team. There was no way they would trust her to fight by their side. Once the rest of the guild found out they would not trust her either. She would have to go back to doing S-Class missions, which were fun but lonely. Who was she kidding?, she would probably be kicked out of the guild. She was instantly disgusted with herself for thinking about how her actions would affect her. It didn't matter what the consequences were, she would accept them.

Lucy arrived with food she had picked up from a nearby bakery. She tried to get Erza to eat something but she refused.

"Erza, you have to eat. You're not going to change anything by denying yourself food. You will need your strength to get to the bottom of this.", Lucy told Erza simply.

"I should have listened to you. You tried to warn me that it was not a situation that could be solved by magic. I'm sorry.", Erza said stiffly. She grudgingly accepted the food and ate it but she did not allow herself to enjoy it. The shop finally opened it's doors and Erza rushed inside.

She was in full interrogation mode. She grabbed the first employee that she encountered by the collar and yelled, "I am looking for a mage named Fuyu, have you seen him?"