The Truth Hurts

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong to Hiro Mashima

Chapter 14: The Truth Hurts

Erza stopped a moment to consider Gajeel's words and nodded. She continued walking towards the bar and sat near Cana. She ordered her favorite stout and sat down. Mira brought her her drink and they began to talk in quiet voices.

Lucy thought about sitting with Erza but decided against it. Erza probably wanted to be by herself for awhile. She headed towards Levy instead.

"Lu-chan, you're back!'. Levy greeted her warmly, "Where did you two go anyway?"

"We went to Malba City.", Lucy replied.

"Malba City? Why did you go there?", Levy asked her friend curiously.

"There was just a magic shop we wanted to visit.", Lucy answered.

"Lucy, you're back!", a very excited Happy flew into her arms.

"Hey Happy!", Lucy said warmly, she absently patted the eager Exceed behind his ears. She wanted to ask where Natsu was but she didn't feel she had the right.

"I said, drop it Mira, I don't want to talk about it right now!", Erza's annoyed voice reverberated around the guild hall, her tankard slamming on the counter.

All conversations stopped as everyone looked to the bar. Mira walked away from Erza, her feelings clearly hurt. Erza glared at everyone daring them to come near her. No one was crazy enough to do so. After awhile conversations started up again.

"What was that about?", Happy asked Lucy.

Lucy could only shrug in pretend amazement.

When Natsu and Gray finally arrived at the guild the tension in the air was palpable. They could feel it but had no idea what had happened to cause it. They looked around questioningly but could find no obvious answer so they chose to ignore it. They were in their own world at the moment.

Natsu went over to the bar to order some drinks. They were celebrating after all. That's when he noticed Erza. That's also when Erza noticed the object wrapped around Gray's neck. Erza once again looked sick. Natsu and Gray ignored her and gave Mira their drink order. They were not going to let her ruin their mood. They moved to a table and waited for Mira to bring their drinks.

As soon as Mira noticed Gray, she squealed in excitement. Gray was wearing Natsu's scarf around his neck.

"Does that mean something? Please tell me it means something!", Mira was almost jumping with excitement. Her loud squeals had brought everyone's attention to their table.

"It means the Ice Princess has agreed to be my mate.", Natsu said proudly. Gray rolled his eyes at the nickname.