Celestial Intervention

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong To Hiro Mashima

Chapter 18: Celestial Intervention

Natsu left the guild and started walking on the road that would lead him out of town with Happy flying next to him. The job he had picked was not particularly difficult but it paid well and was a good distance away from Magnolia. He noticed a familiar scent wafting towards him. He was puzzled as to why that particular member of Fairy Tail would be walking around Magnolia.

Loke approached the Dragon Slayer.

"Natsu. I need to talk to you."

"Loke", Natsu looked at him warily, "What do you want?"

"Cana told me last night that you and Gray were happy together. Is that true?"

"Yeah we were, but it doesn't matter Loke. It isn't real.", Natsu said matter-of-factly.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going on a job.", he said in the same tone as before.

"Aren't you going to try to fight this?", Loke asked in confusion.

"There's nothing to fight. The effects are permanent. We'll just have to learn to adjust."

"What is wrong with you?", Loke asked in frustration, "I've never seen you back down from a challenge before."

"What do you want me to do, Loke? How do you fight a potion? This is hard for me. Yesterday, we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. Now, there's nothing. There isn't even a bad guy for me to fight. There's no one but Erza and Lucy.", Natsu said indignantly.

"Did you know?"

"Of course I didn't know. I would never do that to you guys."

"As for how to fight a potion, I don't know man, start by talking to whoever sold Erza the potion.", Loke suggested.

"I don't know anything about them. I just know it was in a magic shop in Malba."

"Lucky for you we both know someone who does, and I'm pretty sure she owes both of us a favor.", Loke said excitedly.

"No.", Natsu said firmly.

"What do you mean no?", Loke asked incredulously.

"I'm not asking Lucy for help."

"She can help you, Natsu. Let her help you, then go back to being angry. Do it for Gray."