Chapter 4

Third person pov

Naruto looked around the room curiously. After finally getting the nurses to release the boy, Minato had brought him straight to the T&I headquarters for questioning. It had been confirmed that, no, he most definitely wasn't registered as a Konoha shinobi. He gnawed on the inside of his cheeks. They'd taken his Konoha headband, and it made his forehead feel uncomfortably bare. He was just so used to it being there...

Naruto's eyes shifted to the far wall of the interrogation room. He could feel four chakra signatures behind it. His eyes moved to each one. He'd always been an excellent sensor, and during the war his sensed had most definitely sharpened. He could almost see their bodies through the one way glass. 

Minato took a step to the right, and Naruto's eyes followed. He was a sensor, which was rare in Konoha for one reason or another. It was odd, and astonishing. These walls should have blocked him from feeling anything outside the room he was currently situated in. And yet they didn't. His eyes continued to dart from person to person, his body shifting uncomfortably as the seconds ticked by.

"Interesting." The Third Hokage noted. A much younger Inoichi Yamanaka nodded, along with the head interrogator of that time, who went by the name Daisuku. He was a tall, lean man with sharp features and a long nose that made him look far more intimidating. His cheek bones were sharp and narrow, and his expression seemed to be locked in a deadly grimace.

"A sensory type." Minato noted. "But if he were an enemy, why would he reveal a skill like that?"

"To throw us off, maybe." Daisuku clicked his tongue. "He's not from Konoha; that much we know. Yet he has a forehead proctor. For all we know, his injuries could have come from a fight with some of our own." The man made a fair point, but the odd feeling into Minato's stomach told him that was far from true. He didn't know why, but every nerve in his body told him to trust this boy. This boy whom they knew nothing about, and who looked freakishly similar to Minato himself.

"Hokage-sama, may we begin questioning him?" Inoichi was eager and curious. Anyone would be after taking a glance at the odd boy. The circumstances he'd arrived here under were far from normal, and his hiate was unrecorded. He bore a striking resemblance to the famous Yellow Flash of Konoha, and had amazing healing abilities unlike any any they'd ever seen before.

"Of course." The Hokage said, pulling open the door. He and Inoichi were going to go in fora  softer approach, but if the boy resisted or refused, they'd be forced to send in Daisuku, who was currently in charge of recording everything the blonde in the interrogation room said.

Naruto looked startled when The Third Hokage stepped into the room, his blue eyes widening. The Third watched several emotions. Shock, guilt, maybe a little shame, and overall, love. Not the combination he was expecting. It nearly made the elder man flinch as the blonde forced his eyes away as though it were painful to do so. The Hokage took a whiff from his pipe. This boy, Naruto, was either a very excellent actor, or he was hiding something deeper than simply being a 'spy.'

Inoichi stepped in next. Naruto looked even more emotional than before, eyes widening, and face going pale as a sheet as he stared at him. He'd looked at the Third the same way, but this was stronger. Inoichi twitched at the emotion-filled gaze. "Are you okay, Naruto? You look like you've seen a ghost." Inoichi said lightheartedly as he and the Hokage took a seat across from him. Naruto's eyes followed Inoichi in absolute horror.

"Naruto?" The Third asked carefully. "Are you alright, son?"

Naruto flinched, but continued to stare at Inoichi. Images of not only his death, but his daughter's too, flashed through his mind. Like a broken record, they replayed. The horror he felt when he realized where that tailed beast bomb was going. The way Sakura screamed when he had to forcibly drag her away from the body of their dear friend. Of their dear sister.

"Get a hold of yourself." Kurama hissed. "Naruto-"