Chapter 5

Bold means twins speaking in unison.

_______________________________

Club had started quite a while ago, and the host club was at its busiest time. At least, that was the case for the other hosts. Since I had entered the music room I had became the newest host. Tamaki tried making me watch him 'host' but sent me away when I started dry heaving. So I was given a table to sit at. I was sat at said table, but not entertaining any guests. My table was quiet. I sighed and lent my chin into my hands that was proper up from the table.

Since me becoming a host was so sudden, the guests didn't have chance to book any appointments with me for today. Tamaki was going to make it a 'Training day'.

...So I was sat at my table. On my own. Bored.

Every time I tried to fall asleep, I would be woken by Hikaru and Kaoru trying to mess with me, Honey wanting to eat cake with me or even Haruhi offering me a drink of tea and giving me a quick "hang in there". However, for the most part, I would be woken up by Kyoya giving off a reminding cough, or even nudging me once or twice.

To top of my suffering, the 'outfit' Kyoya and the twins had prepared me was humiliating.

The 'outfit' consisted of a leopard print shirt that only draped over my one shoulder, showing half of my pale chest, and what I think were leggings that were also in the same print. Across my face was face-paint that added whiskers, a black nose and a leopard print pattern down the one side of my face. But the worst part of this insult was the fake tail that was attached to a thin belt around my waist, and a leopard/cat ears headband, balanced precariously on top of my real cat ears. I won't lie, it hurts.

When I asked the twins why I had such a different outfit, I was simply told, "we were given short notice! It was all we could put together in time that would fit the Balinese theme! You'll fit in with the rainforest vibe!" And then forced out so our 'king' could see. Kyoya added a small statement that did worry me though.

"By looking at your medical records, I'd say you dressed as a cat is fitting."

I sighed once again and stood up. No point worrying about it now and I cant spend the entire of club time sat here without sleeping. If I can't sleep, I'll go eat! I made my way to Honey's and Mori's table. Honey is always eating sweets. They were sat closest to the door, and currently only had two ladies with them. When I approached Honey turned to me giving me a soft smile.

"...hey Honey, Mori... can I... sit with you guys?" I scratched the back my neck self-consciously, realising how awkward I sounded.

Honeys smile brightened as he turned and handed me a plate with cake on it. "Course you can Moy-Chan!" Mori also gave a small nod. The ladies squealing at the cute interaction. They had calmed a little after I sat down and went back to talking with Honey and Mori serving them. I just sat and listened, peacefully eating the cake I had been given.

An interesting conversation popped up with tamaki and his guests.

"...oh yes! I almost forget to mention to you ladies! Next week, the Ouran Highschool Host club is sponsoring a party."

Haruhi, who was also listening in to the conversation, asked at the same time as me, "...We're throwing a party?"

The conversation then followed to the twins, but they were on the other side of the room to me and Honey, and with my ears covered with this headband I couldn't hear clearly. So I decided to ask Honey about it.

"Oh yeah! Its going to be super fun isn't it Takashi! Its going to be a formal party, we even got the schools biggest hall so we could fit everyone!" Honey smiled as he informed both me and his two guests. His eyes looked past them for a second, then he jumped out of his seat.

"I'll be back in a minute ladies! Don't go anywhere~!" And he went racing off. Mori also left to go refill the tea and cakes. So I was left alone with the guests, and for a moment an awkward silence hung over the table.

All this being sociable is tiring. A gave an audible yawn that seemed to loosen the atmosphere. The ladies were less quiet and were sort of.... 'aww'ing?

A yawn isn't that cute girls...

Just as quickly he left, Honey came bouncing back now with red camellias around his neck. He threw his arms out to show off the flowers. "Ta Da!"

A chorused reply of "your so cute honey!" Came from his two guests. I gave a nod of agreement.

"Hi ladies! I love these Balinese flowers! We had them flown in!" He threw a ring of flowers over my head and they settled around my neck. They gave a strong smell proving that they definitely were real, and were likely imported.

...Rich people...

Mori came walking back over to the table, not holding any tea, or cake, but a pineapple instead? When Honey spotted Mori, he began to climb him like some kind of monkey, and threw a neckless of flowers over Mori's head. "There~ we match~..." Honey was snuggling into Mori, causing the ladies - and myself - to giggle.

I stood up and left before they noticed my slight Fanboying. The heat is getting to me, I swear. I made my way over to Haruhi and his three guests. He quickly offered me a seat, which I was glad for. No more awkward talking! Yes! His ladies didn't mind me being sat quietly with them either.

"Um Haruhi?" One of the guests began, "aren't you going to wear a tropical outfit like the other boys?" ...And you'd call what I'm wearing tropical? Another one of the ladies seconded the question with "I'd like to see that".

Startled, Haruhi raised his hands in defense. "Well uhh n-no, I... I just don't think it's appropriate to wear anything but early spring attire in early spring, you know?" Suspicious, very suspicious... Why wouldn't Haruhi want to show off much skin...?

Tamaki suddenly appeared, holding a queen Balinese outfit. "But we have one ready for you Haruhi! I think you'll like it! You and I are a pair!"

Haruhi just deadpanned, and shut down Tamaki with a flat "No Thanks."

"I think it would suit you, Haruhi." I mused just loud enough for him to hear. He frowned at me and shook his head. "No way!"

I began to zone out of the conversation as I became lost in thought.

...suspicious behaviour when asked about showing skin...

...Tamaki trying to get Haruhi to wear female style clothing...

...

...is Haruhi...

...

...A girl?