Chapter 6

Bold means twins speaking in unison.

_______________________________

The thought whizzed around my head. My eyes almost as wide a saucers as I watched the person besides me. He- wait, no she continued on without the slightest clue of my realization.

Haruhi? Female?

She faced her fellow ladies and charmed them so naturally with simple statement and smile that could melt steel. I was certain of it now. I was certain that the only sane guy in the host club... was a crossdresser.

I turned to Haruhi and smiled with a new found respect.

...not that she could notice, since she was talking to someone else and was turned away from me.

"-I hate to disturb, but I believe its time for the hosts to switch clients."

Taking that as my cue, I left. I can't mooch off Haruhi's calming aura forever. I turned to see my options of people to sit with. Let's see....

Honey and Mori? No, I shouldn't bother them again...

Tamaki. I could... but he looks abit busy sulking in a corner...? I don't think its safe to approach someone who can grow mushrooms with their mood...

The living incarnation of fear and death itself? Nobody in their right mind would willingly approach the shadow king... It would probably cost you to much...

That leaves the Twins, huh...

As my curiosity had got the best of me, I looked over towards Hikaru and Kaoru. They were sat close together at a table, their two guests sat on the opposite side. Kaoru was eating some ice cream that one of ladies had given the twins to try. Without warning, Hikaru took a bite off the spoon before Kaoru could eat off it, causing him to fake pout. The ladies seemed happy with there red faces, squealing away and holding back nose bleeds.

...there is no way I'm going near that. I like a good boy X boy as much as the next Yaoi shipper, but those two were on a whole new level.

With a long sigh as I sat down once again at my own quiet, lonely table.

My attention was drawn to the window. It would be nice to be outside, lay in golden pools of sun. But alas, the sky was clouded over once again, it's light almost threatening rain. I yawned as i nuzzled into my arms. they were somehow already crossed comfortably on the table. I yawned quietly once more, and my eyelids fell shut.

(Time le skip)

I woke to see I hadn't moved much. The room was notably darker now and all evidence of the tropical paradise from before had vanished. Well, except for my outfit. As I raised my head, I could see outside had became darker too, the now clear sky setting in to a beautiful orange with specks of shimmering crimson and Violet.

...Clearly, some time had passed.

Lazily, I stood and walked towards the changing rooms. The guests were gone, so there was no need for my horrible outfit anymore. I glanced around in look for the bag the twins had placed my school uniform in. I couldn't see it. I sighed and came to a stop. With a change of direction, I strolled over to Mori as he was the closest. He seemed to clearing up some plates off a table. I guess Honey had cake earlier.

quietly, I cleared my throat. "Say, Mori. You wouldn't happen to know what those twins did with my uniform, would you?" He stood straight as I spoke, startled. He paused for a moment of thought, then picked up a paper bag from under a nearby table.

"Here."

I took the bag from him, nodded in thanks, then once again wandered into the changing rooms. It seems Mori is always a person of little words. At least he's quiet, I suppose.

softly chuckling at my analysis, I began to change. One small debate in my head later, I decided against of putting the tie back on but instead tucked it into my Blazer pocket. I had also decided to drape my Blazer over my shoulder rather than wearing it.

Ahh, so much more comfortable...

I was about to leave the quiet space of the changing rooms, but through the door of the clubroom I could hear a interesting conversation. My tail slipped from my uniform and lifted into a question mark shape. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but I think this one will be alright. I decided to linger outside the door a little longer.

"Hey boss, why don't you stop eating that commoners ramen and come over here to help us with the party planing?"

"Does it really bother you that princess Kazuka had taken a liking to Haruhi?"

Oh I see, they were talking about a some guest that liked to 'hop' between hosts. And she had hopped from Tamaki to Haruhi. They shouldn't talk about someone like she has a disease though. That's mean.

I once again put my hand ready to open the door, only to have a outburst from Tamaki freeze me in my tracks.

"Shut up! I couldn't care less! Ugh! I'm running out of patience! Haruhi! It time you started dressing like a girl!"

A took a sharp intake of breath. I was right! I removed the clips that held down my ears, so I could hear this loud and clear.

"...I don't understand how you can be so popular with the ladies, when you yourself are a lady! No one in this school knows the truth except those of us here!" And now me.... Heheheh... My tail flicked in triumph.

"Yeah she opted out of taking gym classes."

"And the attendance numbers are all mixed together so no one can tell."

Sounds like Tamaki had pulled out a heavy box. "That's enough Haruhi! Now you listen to daddy! Daddy wants you to go back to how you looked before!" Haruhi had began to yell over the now balling Tamaki.

By this point, I had already stepped into the room, my ears had been quickly pinned back and my tail tucked away in my haste. However, no one had noticed me in till it was to late.

"Wow Haruhi, you looked so much cuter as a girl. You should have told me!" The host club, who happened to be surrounding a picture of a long haired Haruhi on the wall, turned to me in horror. Haruhi mind clicked as she realized that I didn't previously know. A lot of other minds clicked to the same conclusion. Both me and Haruhi began to laugh.

"I guess I knew there was something off about you. You were way too girly to be a guy!" Our chuckling continued. The Host club sighed in relief at my reaction, and began to laugh awkwardly along with us.

...I mean, I wouldn't tell the whole school that Haruhi is a girl, would I?