Chapter 9: End-Term Part II

*Y/n POV*

On the outside, I was calm. On the inside, I was, well...drunk. Stress drinking, it's a problem for me. I was sitting in the teacher's room with Koro-sensei, Irina, and Karasuma.

"You know, drinking is not allowed in school." Irina says.

"And assassination isn't legal in any country, but here we are." I replied, staring at the ceiling, "Sex isn't allowed at school either, but that hasn't stopped us."

"Ooh, s that an invitation?" She said seductively.

Koro-sensei coughed and we both looked over to him. "Perhaps we should prepare for the students."

"Why?" I asked.

"Their test should be done soon."

"What's there to get ready for? We won't have the scores until Monday and the kids are just going to go home after the test."

"Yes, I was really just trying to get you two to stop laughing."

"Hmm, nice try." I said as Irina started laughing. "Well, I should be going home, Red is waiting to be fed."

"Mind if I come with you?" Irina asked.

"Sure,I don't see why not. Let's go."

We went back to my house and after I fed Red, me and Irina had a make out session on the couch, eventually falling asleep together.

[Timeskip]

It was Monday morning and Irina ad I were getting to the class early to see the test scores. As kids began to arrive, me, Irina, Karasuma, and Koro-sensei were standing in front of the class. The students all took their seats, as Koro-sensei started talking. I wasn't really paying attention, I was staring at Karma. He looked...disappointed...no, that's not it. I couldn't tell, so I motioned for him to follow me outside.

Outside, I started to talk to him, "What's up your ass, Karma?"

"I...got fourth place."

"Yeah, I figured."

"Huh?"

"You need to take your studies more seriously. You goof off too much." He looked dejected. "A true assassin takes every aspect of his life seriously."

I walked back inside, leaving Karma with his head down in shame. I walked into the teacher's room and met with Karasuma and Irina.

"Don't you think that was a little harsh?" Irina asked.

"He needs to learn, and defeat will teach him." I said. "He's a lot like me."

"How?" Karasuma said.

"He and I share the same cocky, over-confident personality. We think we can run the world, that we're unbeatable. It took a serious defeat to learn that I couldn't act like that. I'm just glad Karma didn't have to learn the same way that I did."

"How'd you learn?" Irina looked at me worriedly.

"That's a story for another day." I put on my jacket. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I must be getting ready to spend summer on an island."

"See you tomorrow." Karasuma said.

"See ya baby." Irina winked at me.

I went home, passing by Red, who looked confused by my disturbed state.

"God damn, Karma's got a thick skull. I'm just glad he didn't have to go through what i went through."

I rubbed the back of my neck, where I still remembered the painful things I endured in the past, the same events which forced me to leave Karma in the first place.

'If Luck really is coming back, I must get ready, if I don't, he will kill everyone.'