Chapter one// :The Enevlope

I was lost in the music as my hands delicately swipe across the keys, I was practicing for my twin sisters birthday party, when I heard the ground shake a little from running. Namely my two sisters Kate and Katie chasing after each other.

They barged into my room with a piece of paper in Katie's had in her hand, Katie being the one with blue eyes and Kate has big beautiful brown eyes. I groan internally I already knew what the paper was; the form for the selection.

This year the reds were granted permission to enter and my best-friend Anna has been talking nonstop about the selection. But I don't really want to enter the selection for a prince that probably doesn't even know how much a gallon of milk cost.

I was snap out my trance from my little sisters yelling " Rosy! Rosey! Look what we got!" I flinched, as I snatched the form out of Katie's hand "you don't need to yell" I tell my little sisters

" Rosey please fill the form out" Kate begs with her best expression of a puppy dog face. I laugh a little,but no way was I giving up that easy I thought to my self "nice try but no way I'll fill this out," I murmur.

"Yes you will" a voice says by my door. I slowly turn around and see mom standing firm at the door with a determined look on her face "you will fill it out and fill it now young lady" my mom says viciously

"What! Why? I don't want to fill it out and I don't want to be in the selection" my voice raises with annoyance and desperation. My mom has been bugging me about the selection for the past week. And I was really getting annoyed about hearing about the selection. This may sound wrong coming from a fellow silver but I Dont want to spend time with the other silver competitors, because I just think it's cruel how they treat the reds. And just because our blood is silver and we posses powers shouldn't make us superior to them.

I was snap out of my daze when my mom yelled " NOW" and and gave me a look that told me not to try her, so I gave up and stubbornly grabbed the form, I look up at my mom and saw that she had a victorious smile on her face. It dissolved a little when she saw my face " sorry to be hard on you Rosey but we really need the money,and I think it would be a great opportunity for you and if you stay for a month, it would be enough payment for about 2 to 3 mouths! Add the money we get from Preforming and it should be enough to support the family," Mom says with a sigh.

" look. Fill it out and we will go to the service office and turn it in."She gave me a small smile then left my room, I bite the inside of my cheek in thought. I would do anything to help my family financially. Only 2 mouths I thought to myself and started filling out the form.

Name: Rosemary Anderson osanos
Blood color:silver
I was hesitant on the next question but I decided to answer it truthfully.
Power posses: can manipulate the elements of nature: fire , water , earth and wind
Province: Kent
Caste:4
Age : 17
Height : 5 ft 5
Weight: 107
Hair color: dark brown
Eye color : green- blue
Languages speak : English, French , Spanish
Special talents: plays piano and loves to sings
Once I finish filling the form out, I put it back in the fancy envelope and threw it on my desk, and started to get ready for my twin sister birthday party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❣️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I run down the stairs, and see that most of my family is already here, and saw that my mom invited some of the the neighborhood reds. I walk over to my little sister who were of course by the cake and wished them a happy birthday and gave them a big bear hug,I then look around the crowd and try to find my best friend Anna, I spotted her red hair by the snack table. I walk over to her stuffing her face with mini brownies, when she finally noticed me, she pulled me into a big bear hug. "Oh, Rosey! It's good to see you" she tells me as she lets me go. I smile at her.

" I'm glad you can make it Anna" I told her with a smile. Anna is 18 year old and is almost ready to graduate from school. She told me she was planning on expanding her jewelry hobby and becoming a jeweler if she didn't make the selection, becoming a jeweler which was common among fours unlike my family and me who are performers. We were fours but we have jobs of a five.

"I can't wait to hear you play piano! You're so talented!" Anna tells me positively as she pulls me away from the snack table and toward the piano. I blush.

"Thank you, Anna. But I don't think I'll be that popular" I say modestly. Anna looks at me like I have two head I laughed a little. "Nonsense. You'll be an amazing musician unless, your planning on climbing up the caste anytime soon." Anna looks at me with a raised eyebrow, and I know we're this conversation Is leading to. I sigh: I was hoping to escape any talk about the selection at my sisters party.

"Actually,I already filled out my form for the selection" I tell Anna as a big smile flashes across her face "Rosey, I'm so proud of you, what if we both make it to the palace and gets to meet the prince" she squeals I roll my eyes "as much as I would love to meet a shallow prince that probably doesn't even know how much a gallon of milk cost, I doubt I'll even last a mouth before he kicks me out, I mean look at me" I tell  Anna as we stop by the piano in the large family room where I will perform. Anna looks at me like I'm crazy.

"trust me honey when I say this, all the boys in Kent have been look at you and trying to flirt with with you, you just don't even think nothing of it other than a friendly jester. Your are one of the prettiest girls in Kent trust you'll be fine." She gave me one last smile and pushed me towards the piano.

I look back at her and she gave a thumbs up and I smile and rolled my eyes at her child like personality,and sat down on the piano bench. Raising my hands to the piano keys, I started to play the tune I memorized for this party, letting the sound float thought it the room. As I play my thoughts about the selection vanished along with others worries, leaving only the sound of people conversing and the music ringing in my ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❣️~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it was a short chapter I'll try to write longer but Boom! First chapter done! I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter, I had a lots of fun writing this chapter!! leave feedback and don't forget to vote <3

~1238 word count

~braceface