Chapter 2// the interview

***unedited****
The next day I was woken up to "wake up" my mom yelled " we have to drop off your envelope off,take your picture and your interview!" She yelled finally taking a breather then exiting my room.

I groaned as I opened my eyes. I decided to take my time to get ready today. I took a extra long shower just to annoy my mom. I brush my teeth then, throw on my favorite white sweatshirt and black leggings with my white converses.

I run downstairs to the kitchen,and grab a piece of bread and pop it in the toaster and sit on the counter waiting for it to get done. My mom runs down the stairs and tries to run and put her shoes on but is failing miserably. I chuckled to myself.

My mom looks confused at first but then burst into a fit of laughter when she finally calmed down she said. "Rosey, stop trying to be funny and go get ready" she really thinks I'm trying to be funny. I gave her a serious look and raised my eyebrow as I turn around and grab my toast.

When I turn back around all the smile was gone from her face. " Rose, please don't be difficult and change" my mom begged.

"Mom you should be happy that I didn't put my sweats on" I replied sarcastically with a little laugh then fake gasp and said " on second thought sweats sound like a good idea" I said stubbornly

"Just go change in to a dress! Ou and I can do your make up!" She sounded excited about the makeup part but I wasn't gonna give in that easily. She should be happy that I even decided to finally give in and sign up for the selection. "I can put earring on if you want, but this is the best it's gonna get". "Come upon let's go then" my mom sign and grabbed her keys.

*******************************************************

The drop office wasn't far from our house, it took about fifteen minutes to get there. "Why don't you want to be selected Rosey?" Kate asked "Well for starters I will miss home, my family.........oh and let's not forget about my sweat pants. Dresses are not my thing!" Katie and kategiggled and then started whispering to each other , there were kinda the trouble makers, I wonder what there planning I thought to myself. The car came to a stop and there stoop a line of 25 girls.All of them look like they bathe themselves in Makeup.

As I walked to get in line I felt the wind brush against my skin as I played With it with a flick of my wrist. As my mom and little sister walk with me. "Mom this line is so long" I whined as I point to the long line.

"Oh quit whining.......I told you we should have left earlier but someone didn't want to wake up" she said to me as she look at me with her arms crossed, and her eyebrow raised.

"But it was too early......and it still is. I need my beauty sleep" I whined again

"Well you cant be tired if you want to run a country" my mom spat. I was gonna think of a comeback but It was best if I keep my mouth shut, so I did

As I'm standing in line waiting, a girl in-front of me with a pink dress with sparkles at the top, with a ton of makeup on. She turns and looks at me and scoffs and says.

"You shouldn't even bother. You aren't gonna get into the selection looking like that."

"Well that was kinda the plan" i replied as my mom hits me on the arm "owww mom" I whined then turn back and look at the girl.

"You don't want to be selected?" She asks.

"Not at all" I reply

"Wow that's pathetic... and I bet your power is even as pathetic as you.....oh wait I doubt you even have a power" she scoffs again.