Alternate Ending

I wrote this because I wanted to😊

For the record... I have no medical knowledge whatsoever so please don't judge!!

"I've already forgiven you... brother."

Wally sighed deeply, a glimpse of a smile crossed his face.

Dick tried to smile back as the grip on his hand tightened but then a look of pure agony crossed his face and he started thrashing his head around, groaning loudly.

Wally immediately sped out of the room, presumably to find a nurse or doctor, as Batman took his place and held his son's face in his hands.

"Nightwing! Nightwing what's wrong?!"

No response except for his agonizing groans. His eyes remained tightly shut.

"Nightwing... Dick! Tell me what's wrong!"

After hearing his real name he slowly opened his eyes. They were fully dilated from pain, like a terrified cat.

"Hurts... Can't breathe..."

Dick clutched his chest and started shaking.

"S-something's w-wrong... ugh..."

After he finished that last word his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he slumped against his mentor's touch.

"Dick!!" yelled Batman. If Bruce wasn't wearing his cowl he would surely be hyperventilating.

Wally sped into the room and doctors followed quickly, pushing past everyone not caring if they wore super hero uniforms. The only thing that mattered was the patient.

Wally leaned into the wall and would have slumped over if Connor hadn't caught him.

"Wally you need food. You are about to pass out." said Kaldur.

If any normal person heard that they would think he's crazy. Thinking about food when your friend is in critical condition!

But of course, for speedsters it was much more serious.

Wally shook his head furiously and started to weakly struggle against Connor when he saw one of the doctors tear off Dick's oxygen mask.

"What are you doing?!" he shouted.

"That mask was doing nothing for him!" the doctor shouted back as another doctor readied equipment that they all dreaded to see.

"Clear!!" he shouted.

Dick's body jolted from the electricity.

But with no response.

"Clear!!" he shouted again.

Nothing.

"Dammit!" growled the doctor in frustration. "Again! Clear!"

Another jolt ran through Dick and this time they got a response from the heart monitor. It was slow and weak but its better than still and silent.

The first doctor turned Dick's head to face him.

"Nightwing... can you hear me?"

Nothing.

The doctors looked at each other then announced they were taking him to get an MRI and other tests done. After that he was to be taken to the ICU.

But Batman grabbed a doctor's arm and gave him a look that would make the Joker keel over.

"What. Happened?" he hissed.

The doctor gulped and started to sweat.

"We're not sure right now what caused it but he just had a heart attack."